Oil change hacks? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That 90 bend version looks like a better option right?

That 90 bend version looks like a better option right?

Use whatever helps ya sleep, peace of mind is grossly undervalued. Personally, the valve is so far above the access hole in the skid plate I cannot imagine what could get up there AND break a solid brass valve...

i need these valves... just changed oil in both my 470 and 460 this weekend. 470 was pretty smooth, but for some reason i got oil everywhere when draining the 460. needless to say, the family had a good laugh.

Can you confirm the oil filter can be installed from the side? I've looked a dozen times and by my eyeball assessment, it just didn't look like there would be enough room to get the filter in and out past the suspension bits. I did reach my arm down from the top and felt confident I could access it that way. Your genius bottom idea not answers my question of how I would avoid spilling oil everywhere 👍👌

I did mine this weekend on an 04 gx. From the side. If the filter has been previously over-tightened it can be difficult to get it started (because access is limited). I wasn't able to get mine started (loosening) by hand, but was able to get it going with a plier style oil filter wrench grabbing on the end of the filter. Not ideal, but enough to get it moving. I have an after market skid plate, and it did not keep me from accessing from the side. I also do not have fender flare liners in, so perhaps that could be in the way on some vehicles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom