Official ARB LC200 modified BASERACK rolled out today! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

7000ft

SILVER Star
Threads
My stock rack is ~47" wide outside the rails, wider at the feet, so the 45" wide probably won't work. I'd like minimal width for less drag, 51" seems a pretty good width.

61" covers my roof to the sunroof, good enough. 84" would be a full rack.

Is @sleeoffroad going to carry these?

I need to figure out some kind of padding I can put on and take off quickly. Velcro pads work great for the stock rack, won't fit on these. A roller on the back would be great if I could take the wing and antenna off my truck. No problem side loading, boat only weighs 39 lbs. Can the roller mount on the side?

Big road trip in 10 days, would be nice to have a better rack, maybe next trip.

TyYXB1pnsEUEioQ86n8v39pHZ-kTh_fz82klkGdfz-64Evah0om5hXyLI-CcoarLznlrMs9UUrFvNk3qs8b2dbdm4aOBM2uPnQQItdvQ4k3UeikikTtMWQidzwVwjtzoMHxfxXvqJ5MvOXZLI7yGGlMCfpG6YCr8bM8WRSOUDFOiayjsz7ocgH7PNjKFbhuWLlyVhht2511v1gvZjuHsAN7FotfLiYr6GNk8Y2W0L08vDHQtLCbJoq4XNZJ_-3hAUZswJetUy_-1OjT1_M4JmaVjhLWlYRrEdFBNrvOPpl29fqrIk6eC35M36H1WyfKPiAwsiz_9Zn8xIxCJzwNFxQyc9Lgr4DttZwPIUBu5tl6mycFbr0z84cLtmt16qrhirXeQEU77W-QLO8VVj88ULTJIiFftEa5WDqB9_0gbAdtmLWKqTG3nY3R_AA-h3Cekc2Xi2NuJanFE2tBi7cOqPzE-ie1vQJMn4W8jTO-AJQvIpgHxE4JZ2BxQAckuHkSxRJtNwTiPu3GuOW8Qo9ZogFmCnOUWidnz_t4a-5gkslzlvxwrvfu-3MAkamba6ZQM9a0WBRrJR1V6VtLWhXaIP4iq3NbMkHL5mflznFHWr75COazf5lycLDBADB1FauNIy8A_R4gIJYbby48eFZqBrVttoq3aMMZDpfF0_udEGq9Y0_GAvSyM834Rc-9q5MAKFCbiu6Sd8cKSMY3DoimBb0Rs=w2052-h1538-no

Did they just make the mounting kit just taller to allow shark fin clearance, or did they do something else? Hard to tell from the pictures. Maybe I don't know what to look for.

Did they just make the mounting kit just taller to allow shark fin clearance, or did they do something else? Hard to tell from the pictures. Maybe I don't know what to look for.
The rack sits over the sharkfin, so I understand it is about an 1" higher than the original mounting brackets.

The rack sits over the sharkfin, so I understand it is about an 1" higher than the original mounting brackets.
Are the original lower mounting brackets something we can get? I'd rather go lower and figure out how to get around the fin or set it further forward.

Just bought a base rack last week but haven't installed yet - is the shark fin clearance confirmed? If so, what's the height of the rack now? I wasn't opposed to taking the fin off for a lower profile rack. I feel like that was the attraction to the base rack in the first place.

Forgive me but dont all of these popular lately racks with the widely spaced pieces of wal-mart aluminum lawn furniture like aluminum cross bars cause the roof of our vehicle to just get beat to heck? I know the old style ones with the mesh floors are heavy, and rust in some climates, but you could put whatever you wanted up there without it gouging the roof of your cruiser and then set up some lawn chairs on top of it to watch the stars once you got there. What am I missing?

My stock rack is ~47" wide outside the rails, wider at the feet, so the 45" wide probably won't work. I'd like minimal width for less drag, 51" seems a pretty good width.

61" covers my roof to the sunroof, good enough. 84" would be a full rack.

It seems like the only width for the 200 series is the 51" wide rack. The available mounting kits show the 84x51 and 61x51 as the only options for us.

Just finished installing the updated version of the ARB base rack last night. As expected from ARB, great fit and finish. The shark fin antenna clearance is no longer an issue (see picture). Although the single piece aluminum welded rack is one of the reasons I went with this rack, it makes installation more tedious and difficult. The side rails need to be pre-installed to the rack and aligned perfectly and symmetrically. Then the entire unit has to be lifted and seated onto the supplied 'blade' mounts on the roof, which is not an easy task even with two people. I first laid down a large rug pad (rubberized backing toward the roof) which then allowed me to slide the assembled rack, with cardboard still underneath, on top of the vehicle. This would obviously be easier if I had a hoist in my garage.

All said and done, I am very happy with the build quality. The included wind deflector eliminates cabin noise on routine local driving (<45 mph), though I haven't taken it on the highway yet.

20211104_095916.jpg

20211104_091909.jpg

20211104_091812.jpg

A very nice setup! Any Sirius XM reception interference with the rack being so close?

Just finished installing the updated version of the ARB base rack last night. As expected from ARB, great fit and finish. The shark fin antenna clearance is no longer an issue (see picture). Although the single piece aluminum welded rack is one of the reasons I went with this rack, it makes installation more tedious and difficult. The side rails need to be pre-installed to the rack and aligned perfectly and symmetrically. Then the entire unit has to be lifted and seated onto the supplied 'blade' mounts on the roof, which is not an easy task even with two people. I first laid down a large rug pad (rubberized backing toward the roof) which then allowed me to slide the assembled rack, with cardboard still underneath, on top of the vehicle. This would obviously be easier if I had a hoist in my garage.

All said and done, I am very happy with the build quality. The included wind deflector eliminates cabin noise on routine local driving (<45 mph), though I haven't taken it on the highway yet.

View attachment 2829559

View attachment 2829560

View attachment 2829561
How much of the sunroof does that cover?

just because it does not physically touch it, does not mean it does not impair reception. especially if we are talking about weak signals received in northern america from the sirius xm satellites down on the equator.

Can you open the sunroof with the rack mounted?
The sunroof will contact the wind deflector if it is opened all the way but it looks like there is probably room to tilt/vent. I don't ever use the sunroof, personally, so it doesn't bother me, but I do plan to disconnect the controls in the overhead console so my kids don't touch it by accident!

BTW, the wind deflector does what it was intended to do even at highway speeds. There is no noticeable wind noise but keep in mind I do have a small amount of road noise from my Toyo Open Country AT3s.

The sunroof will contact the wind deflector if it is opened all the way but it looks like there is probably room to tilt/vent. I don't ever use the sunroof, personally, so it doesn't bother me, but I do plan to disconnect the controls in the overhead console so my kids don't touch it by accident!

BTW, the wind deflector does what it was intended to do even at highway speeds. There is no noticeable wind noise but keep in mind I do have a small amount of road noise from my Toyo Open Country AT3s.
Thanks for the sunroof info. I think I'll take your advice and disconnect the two switches. Good news that the wind deflector is doing what it's designed for.

I found reception in SiriusXM to be lousy with the base rack. I installed an aftermarket SiriusXM antenna on the hood and that helped signal.

Has anyone found a solution to remove the shark fin while keeping the waterproofing/integrity of the roof intact? I don't care about factory XM or GPS, I'm fine to lose it to take advantage of the low profile base rack as it was intended, not with spacers on the roof and another 1.5-2" of height.

Has anyone found a solution to remove the shark fin while keeping the waterproofing/integrity of the roof intact? I don't care about factory XM or GPS, I'm fine to lose it to take advantage of the low profile base rack as it was intended, not with spacers on the roof and another 1.5-2" of height.

Probably easier to cut the tip off the shark fin for clearance and seal/paint for integrity and looks. Keep the (shortened) fin and use the low-profile base rack.

HTH

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom