OEM 4Runner Tail Pipe on GX470? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I tried searching for the answer with success.

I need a new muffler. The previous owner replaced it with a loud one, but I want to quiet down the sound in the cab for road trips.

I want to replace it with the OEM part. I found it on LexusPartsNow for $331 and matching 4Runner part for ToyotaPartsDeal for $195. The image in the Lexus diagram shows some additional parts. Can I get away with ordering the 4Runner part?

Also, can I expect them to sound the same? I want it to be quiet...

Thanks.

Just a thought but maybe look for someone parting out their GX or grab one from a wrecking yard for cheap.

I would think the V8 4runners have the same exhaust as the GX470 but I'm not sure.

If it’s the v8 4Runner it might be fine.
I just put 4Runner front brake backing plates on mine and they were identical.

Just a thought but maybe look for someone parting out their GX or grab one from a wrecking yard for cheap.

I would think the V8 4runners have the same exhaust as the GX470 but I'm not sure.

You're right. I just found a used one for a GX so now there will hopefully be no question. Also, in searching for the used part, I realized that I had been looking at the tail pipe (what I linked at the top) but that I really wanted the muffler, which is a different part. So thanks for indirectly helping me too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom