Odd request for a quick bit of help this PM (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey All,

This is a weird request, I know that going in. Here's the scoop. With my new truck, I am having a hard time figuring out the right positioning of the 40 on the trailer and the amount of drop I need in my ball mount. I have read and reread that you need about 10% of the gross trailer weight on the pin. For me, that equates to about 700lbs.

What I am looking for is is a couple of other "big dudes" such as myself :) so we can simulate this tongue weight and I can determine the ball height on my truck. Then, I can determine how much drop I need in my hitch to get my trailer level with that amount of tongue weight. I then can pull the 40 forward on the trailer until level and mark the trailer for proper load position.

Anyone got 10mins this afternoon while I have the trailer out and ready to roll? I'll be home around 5ish, and would be available pretty much anytime thereafter. Sorry Ole Greeeg, you won't be much help on this one :)

:beer: R

I'm 275lbs, but won't be available until about 7 (softball practice)... Would this help you?

Sure, if we can get one more (around 175 lbs) at the same time we'd be good to go! Thanks Brian, we'll see how this pans out with any other volunteers.

Hey Ramon...I'm about 210...and can be up at your place around 5:00 and stay til 6:30.

Let me know.

Hmmm Jared, I would never have guessed you cracked 180 :) Sooooo, we could use someone in the 230-250lb range b/w 5-6:30, or one 175 pounder after 7. This is kinda' funny.

I've got at least 250 pounds of weights in my basement....

Hmmm Jared, I would never have guessed you cracked 180 :) Sooooo, we could use someone in the 230-250lb range b/w 5-6:30, or one 175 pounder after 7.

I'd need to check with the boss ;), but I could probably drive up, maybe even carpool with Jared... I'd need to step on the scale for sure but I'd fit into the heavier range you are looking for. :frown:

Cool Clint let me know, what time do you think you might be able to come? I'll keep you all posted :)

Email sent to my "heavy hitters". Hope this'll work out, but if not I'll try again another time.

Thanks!

Sorry I did not see this, I suspect you could have used 260 lbs to take care of this light work :)

If you are not already done, I can come Friday around 4:30 ish.

Let me know.

Thanks anyway Brad. Jared and Clint were super nice enough to come over and we got it done in just a few minutes. I felt silly asking this favor, but I just couldn't figure out any other way to get the known weight on the pin like that. ONSC rocks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom