NV4500 Fluid (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all. Wondering if I can use this fluid in my NV4500. I couldn’t find much as far as PDS spec sheets for the Mopar/GM/AC Delco stuff that doesn’t seem to be available anymore, nor could I find a spec sheet or even any of the Castrol Syntorq LT available.

But here is the spec sheet for the Amsoil replacement.

I happened on some of this stuff at work that is ‘yellow metal safe,’ and a GL4.

As far as I can tell, it would be compatible, but hoping someone who knows exactly what additive/additive packs makes the NV4500 fluid so special can chime in. I did a deep dive and even Bob Is The Oil guy doesn’t say why, just GL4, and specifically those oils.

Thanks, Michael.

A 4btswaps member referenced this thread for me. Probably the most informative I’ve seen, and well worth the read, IMO!

between the amsoil and medallion plus i would go with the amsoil. the amsoil has better viscosity index and better flow as different temps based on what they posted

between the amsoil and medallion plus i would go with the amsoil. the amsoil has better viscosity index and better flow as different temps based on what they posted
Appreciate the reply. Do you by chance know what additive packs/lack thereof make the NV4500 fluid special? I’ve been trying to read up and find spec sheets, but even the long post referenced above didn’t really address that.

I looked into this a while back. I think read to use syntorque when it was available and don't use syntrax as a alternative. I don't remember where I read it or why. I decided i was reading a lot of mixed reviews on most alternatives, so I decided to search for GM's original fluid part #, because my nv4500 is the GM 1st gen 92-93 version. Thru the yrs the original part # had been superceded a couple of times. GMs current # is 19369226. It's title says. Synthetic Manual Transmission Fluid. 75w-85gl-4. I purchsed it online from GM a couple of months ago. It was around $20 a qt. I bought 5 qts but have not installed it yet. Idk, if this help or not, but I'll be following along.

@bigredmachine @pb4ugo here’s the same question on 4btswaps. Similar info, but good stuff as well.

this is the only thing I'll run in my NV4500: Red Line MTL Transmission Gear Oil 50205. I replaced 5th gear in mine, have been running this stuff and it's worked as smooth as butter. I also used this in my NV5600.

this is the only thing I'll run in my NV4500: Red Line MTL Transmission Gear Oil 50205. I replaced 5th gear in mine, have been running this stuff and it's worked as smooth as butter. I also used this in my NV5600.
This is what I use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom