SOLD NOVA - RHINO RACK Pioneer Platform (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Eighteen11R

1811SAR
SILVER Star
Threads
Previously used on my '04 Ford Excursion, this Pioneer Platform was an incredibly versatile interior space saver. At just about 40 lbs. and 1" in height I was still able to get into parking structures. The platform measures 107" x 58" and has six locking risers for application to existing roof rail channels.

$750.00. Pics available upon request.

5510E32D-CDBC-410B-85FA-72A232629B6B.jpeg

F15FB8E7-AD96-4CFA-BF9F-1A39B21284C3.jpeg

Last edited:
Cheers mate... My insurance company, USAA totaled it after a gentleman slammed into the rear of it, damaging the frame was beyond USAA's inclination to replace it. I bought it's salvage title back and just recently re-sold it. The Pioneer Platform is an incredible roof top rack system.

Cheers mate... My insurance company, USAA totaled it after a gentleman slammed into the rear of it, damaging the frame was beyond USAA's inclination to replace it. I bought it's salvage title back and just recently re-sold it. The Pioneer Platform is an incredible roof top rack system.
I’m with USAA as well and they been really great in my experience.

Those trucks in good condition are hard to come by. Yours looks especially well taken care of. Hopefully you replaced it with a cruiser!

Cheers mate. A southern truck (NC) and its 6.0L Powerstroke was just breaking in at 189K.

I've been with USAA since the early '80s... Problem here was the guy that hit my wife was too and she was injured in the MVA so we're still in the recovery phase with a law firm supporting. I'm just worried about getting my wife back from the Concussion/TBI right now.

Yes, I was very fortunate as a very good friend gifted (awesome price) me a very clean '05 LX470 he had just replaced with a '10 LX570. Great timing and great karma I guess. I've been a huge fan of the 100 Series and this site...

Cheers mate. A southern truck (NC) and its 6.0L Powerstroke was just breaking in at 189K.

I've been with USAA since the early '80s... Problem here was the guy that hit my wife was too and she was injured in the MVA so we're still in the recovery phase with a law firm supporting. I'm just worried about getting my wife back from the Concussion/TBI right now.

Yes, I was very fortunate as a very good friend gifted (awesome price) me a very clean '05 LX470 he had just replaced with a '10 LX570. Great timing and great karma I guess. I've been a huge fan of the 100 Series and this site...
Best of luck to your wife through her recovery 🙏

Best of luck to your wife through her recovery 🙏
Cheers mate... This could end up being a very long road celebrating mini successes along the way... Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI) are very tough to recover from as we age. We're loosing significant numbers of our veterans to suicide because of them...as depression easily slips into the equation. Appreciate the kind thoughts Sir.

Dang! Sorry to hear about the loss. Hope all is going better with the accident.

I LOVE your set up. I am trying to find that same roof rack and figure out how to mount it. Any chance you have some advice or more pictures? Thanks!

Here's mine:
Michaels2002excursionPowerstroke.jpg

Dang! Sorry to hear about the loss. Hope all is going better with the accident.

I LOVE your set up. I am trying to find that same roof rack and figure out how to mount it. Any chance you have some advice or more pictures? Thanks!

Here's mine:
View attachment 2514589
Cheers mate, we are guardedly optimistic on her full recovery...

You have a beautiful Excur$ion there my friend.

If you are really looking for a Pioneer Platform for your rig, I still have the necessary risers and locks for the Excur$ion application, if you are interested. Beautiful rig but I have been very fortunate to slide into a LX 470 / 💯 and I kept my PP prior to selling it.

Here it was on the day of pick up next to its big brother. It was an awesomely kept machine.

IMG_2606.jpg

Before I began personalizing the beast.

IMG_2626.jpg

After the PP was installed, plus some Rock Warriors and Wildpeakes...

After-470.jpg

Let me know if you want to consider the risers.

Cheers mate,
G

Decided to keep the Pioneer Platform for my LX but would like to sell the set of six (6) RLT600 Locking Quick Mount Towers, the leveling Bases and Keys.

Previously used on my '04 Ford Excursion, this Pioneer Platform was an incredibly versatile interior space saver. At just about 40 lbs. and 1" in height I was still able to get into parking structures. The platform measures 107" x 58" and has six locking risers for application to existing roof rail channels.

$750.00. Pics available upon request.

View attachment 2284997

View attachment 2284998
Do you have any close up pics of the rack mounts? I’ve just purchased an excursion and am waiting for it to be transport to me. I’m looking into building my own rack. Any pics of the rack mounts would be great!

Do you have any close up pics of the rack mounts? I’ve just purchased an excursion and am waiting for it to be transport to me. I’m looking into building my own rack. Any pics of the rack mounts would be great!
1630275087458.png

1630275179721.png

Hope this helps...

The only pieces I was lacking for the plug and play were the stainless steel hardware necessary to mount directly to the OEM roof rack mounting points. I couldn't in good conscience keep the hardware and leave the roof open for water intrusion after deciding to sell it to the intended rebuilder. I've found that McMaster Carr McMaster-Carr - https://www.mcmaster.com/screws/ is a great source for the pieces required. Rhino Rack charges significantly for their sourced mounting package.

Best of luck mate.
G

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom