Builds Nordic200 progressive LC build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello from Norway!

I recently got myself my first landcruiser, after 4 years with a R51 Pathfinder. Seems like I end up here every time I search for something LC related so might as well join the ranks.

I've been touring a lot with the pathfinder, but it was bought and built for me doing solotraveling, and now I have a GF with two kids and a dog.. Which means I need more space, hence the swap to a bigboi-car in an effort to postpone a trailer build.

When I bought the LC it was bone stock with only first row seats (normal on big cars in Norway due to taxes, backseats cost almost the same as the rest of the car). My goal (for now) is to upfit it to go on a 4 week trip to Iceland. I intend to do it as a progressive build along building the overlanding skills needed.

First step will be to make sure everything works, build a storage system, add a RTT and wheels/tires.

The previous build:
IMG_20201009_152939.jpg

The new rig:
Snapchat-1250013790.jpg

All feedback is much appreciated!

Hello from Norway!

I recently got myself my first landcruiser, after 4 years with a R51 Pathfinder. Seems like I end up here every time I search for something LC related so might as well join the ranks.

I've been touring a lot with the pathfinder, but it was bought and built for me doing solotraveling, and now I have a GF with two kids and a dog.. Which means I need more space, hence the swap to a bigboi-car in an effort to postpone a trailer build.

When I bought the LC it was bone stock with only first row seats (normal on big cars in Norway due to taxes, backseats cost almost the same as the rest of the car). My goal (for now) is to upfit it to go on a 4 week trip to Iceland. I intend to do it as a progressive build along building the overlanding skills needed.

First step will be to make sure everything works, build a storage system, add a RTT and wheels/tires.

The previous build:
View attachment 3320198

The new rig:
View attachment 3320213
All feedback is much appreciated!

Swapped the RTT over from the old rig and did a testrun after installing the Kaon parts.

IMG_20230404_095107.jpg

This was during easter so we still had some snow lying around. Did about 500m offroad last stretch out to the camp spot which took about 2min..

To get back out on the road took us over 5 hours😂 last part was slight uphill and 60cm of slushy snow
Snapchat-1293190274.jpg

Did a 4 week Iceland tour in our vehicle in 2021. Let me know if you’re looking for suggestions!

Congrats on the 200!

What engine did they sell in Norway?
I'm for sure open for suggestions, the more I can plan ahead the better💪

Thanks!

I have the 4.5 diesel, and 98% came with that one, only a handfull was sold with the petrol

The R51 Pathfinder was the last Pathfinder that was truly a worthy SUV offering from Nissan, yours is one of the best builds I've seen, very nice. I spent some time in Oslo, I remember the car taxation situation being ridiculous. Congrats on the LC and welcome.

The R51 Pathfinder was the last Pathfinder that was truly a worthy SUV offering from Nissan, yours is one of the best builds I've seen, very nice. I spent some time in Oslo, I remember the car taxation situation being ridiculous. Congrats on the LC and welcome.
Thank you!

Starting to get the drawer system dialed in. I've made a few in previous cars, and this time I went with 2020 extruded aluminium profiles.

The whole floor of the trunk is raised about 30cm, with one drawer housing 3 removable cases on the driver side, and a double drawer for camping on the passenger side.

IMG_20230717_104318.jpg

The drawer are lined with polycarbonate plates fitting right into the extruded profiles.

IMG_20230717_104410.jpg

Snapchat-974689590.jpg

Above the raised floor a cargo divider from Kaon will do the job as cage for the puppy on the right side. The fridge slide is also fitted to the profiles in the floor and can be removed with ease

Snapchat-913352258.jpg

Starting to get the drawer system dialed in. I've made a few in previous cars, and this time I went with 2020 extruded aluminium profiles.

The whole floor of the trunk is raised about 30cm, with one drawer housing 3 removable cases on the driver side, and a double drawer for camping on the passenger side.

View attachment 3391213

The drawer are lined with polycarbonate plates fitting right into the extruded profiles.

View attachment 3391214
View attachment 3391216

Above the raised floor a cargo divider from Kaon will do the job as cage for the puppy on the right side. The fridge slide is also fitted to the profiles in the floor and can be removed with ease

View attachment 3391215
Wow! this is an excellent build! If you were to offer plans, I'm sure you would sell many of them! Kudos!

Wow! this is an excellent build! If you were to offer plans, I'm sure you would sell many of them! Kudos!
Thank you!

But it's nothing fancy or innovative about it, it's just a frame and some drawers😅

And finally got some propper wheels on!

Fifteen52 Traverse HD 17x8.5 et0
Yokohama Geolander AT 285/75-17

Snapchat-623611991_269047059093320.jpg

IMG_20230801_183243_269047342134987.jpg

IMG_20230801_183351_269047833560508.jpg

IMG_20230801_183554.jpg

IMG_20230802_130754.jpg

Any rubbing issues with this setup?
Not anymore. I the front I had to remove the mudflaps and mold the fenderliner behind it with a heatgun, and pull the fenderliner in front of the wheel forward about an inch. Pretty easy 1 banana job.

For the rear wheels there are loads of space.

Not anymore. I the front I had to remove the mudflaps and mold the fenderliner behind it with a heatgun, and pull the fenderliner in front of the wheel forward about an inch. Pretty easy 1 banana job.

For the rear wheels there are loads of space.

Was a BMC needed?? Do you have a lift?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom