Non-USA key, cut from key code (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

nuclearbeef

SILVER Star
Threads
So, when I bought my Finnish fire service Troopy, it came with a well worn black key that worked very slickly.
While trailering it home, I used the key to open the fuel door at the gas station and put diesel in the Troopy...and left the key on the trailer where it fell off and was lost.

Got a locksmith to make a key when I got home, but it has never worked well. Had to jiggle it and hold it just right to turn the ignition. Could barely open the fuel door and wouldn't ever turn one of the door locks.

So I wanted a new key cut to factory specs.
Pulled the passenger door lock and got the code, but the dealer said it wasn't in their system.
Some non-USA codes and older USA codes are not in the computer.

Talked to (Toyota) Matt, of VintageTEqParts and it wasn't in his computer either.

So, Matt bought a new key cutting machine that has all of the Euro and old codes loaded in the computer.

Now I have a new, black-top key that works slick as he!! And cheaper than the locksmith's crappy key!

Thanks ToyotaMatt!

All my locks matched and worked well with the original key. (before I lost it)

Now all work well with a new OEM Toyota key for around $50.

I probably would have bought a new set if I hadn't found this solution.

Lock smith came today and ****ed up the chrome cap on my driver door cylinder. Anyone know if you can order those or do I need a whole new lock cylinder? And if that’s the case can I order one to match the rest of the car or do I have to get a whole new set. I want to scream right now lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom