No low beams; high beams OK (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.goldendolphinfilms.com
If someone can point me in the right direction, I'd be grateful; I searched the site and haven't found a solid lead in the 100 series forum yet.

Both my low beams went out a few nights ago, just turned the stem and they were out. Not sure if I heard a click sound or popping; the car was idling and I had music playing. No symptoms leading up to this. Recently had the entire charging system check out OK. (No indication of alternator issues, etc.)

Parking, fog, daytime runners, turn signals, reverse and high beams work. High beam light indicator works. Fuses are OK.

I know there's a series of diagnostics, but found them on the 60 series forum: Have High Beams; no low beams

If anyone has encountered this with their 100 series and has feedback it'd be awesome to hear what you found out.

Thanks in advance for all advice, and happy Thanksgiving!

Have you checked the fuse yet?

Yes - both fuses are OK.

Did you just check or did you replace the fuse? Replace with new and make sure it's seated.

I had a similar problem with my fog lights. Fuse looked fine but fog lights didn't work. Messed with it for months looking for the problem and finally replaced the fuse with a new one and the lights worked.

Thanks Dwight! That'd be an ideal solution :bounce: will do that this morning. Next step if that fails, per ITRJ will be checking bulbs and relay - will circle back.

My low beams are not terribly bright anyway, I wouldn't mind giving them an upgrade...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom