Next Trail Ride - Saturday, December 8, 2007 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

hey guys,
this trip up here could prove to be a bit of a problem, I was out on monday and it had started snowing and now this weekend i have a foot + of snow at my place and there will be more snow up on the trails/logging roads (its still snowing hard now), i had planned on scouting out our rout today but im more or less snowed in, i can drive but unless is a emergency im not chancing the roads. I know that we wont be able to run ******* and im not sure about ******, i think both will be too slick to make it up, i can try to get an update as to conditions closer to next weekend...but i cant see the snow up there melting very much if at all.

Last edited:
hey guys,
this trip up here could prove to be a bit of a problem, I was out on monday and it had started snowing and now this weekend i have a foot + of snow at my place and there will be more snow up on the trails/logging roads (its still snowing hard now), i had planned on scouting out our rout today but im more or less snowed in, i can drive but unless is a emergency im not chancing the roads. I know that we wont be able to run ****** and im not sure about ******, i think both will be too slick to make it up, i can try to get an update as to conditions closer to next weekend...but i cant see the snow up there melting very much if at all.

WHAT? This is a Landcruiser club... It is a week away and it is supposed to warm up alot down there. Rain melts snow fast. ****** sounds like fun!!!

I'm still at work in -20 weather with a -30 or so wind chill. Why does it always snow at home when I'm at work?

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone want to go exploring on Thursday or Friday? I don't really want to go by myself. I know about the new policy of properly planned trail runs, but perhaps it would be fitting to have a exploratory club run this month.

Weather Update

Heh Everyone,
Just to let everyone know the snow is melting. The forecast is calling for sun so it looks like mud and washed out roads!!! :grinpimp:
See you on Saturday!!

Well hello there..... Back in town after being away for too long. If the trail run is still on, count me in. That is if im still in the club...... Ive still got to give my dues. This will be the only club function ill be able to attend atleast until March due to Xmas leave and sailing. Once I get back, I think its time for that much needed lift. Need to find a beater (other than the 42). Talk to you guys later :flipoff2:

Trail run is still on, but please be prepared for some explotration. We will see what is passible depending on snow/flooding. I know of one smallish loop we can do, depending on conditions. I'll be taking the 8:45am ferry from brentwood bay if anyone else from the peninsula wants to joint me. Don't forget your jack and spare tire. See you all on saturday.
Ken

Do you guys want to stop and meet me and anyone else coming from the north at Mason's Store? Any objections to a Zuk coming along?

alright...i havnt gone out to check the trails yet but maybe we could just give the previously mentioned trails a run and see how things shape up...i'd like to take another shot at the hill...

hey mark, who's in the zuke?

alright...i havnt gone out to check the trails yet but maybe we could just give the previously mentioned trails a run and see how things shape up...i'd like to take another shot at the hill...

hey mark, who's in the zuke?

A pilot from work, but he can't make it. So can you guys meet me at Mason's?

We will meet at the tims in mill bay as planned and if you want to wait for us on the way in then that should be fine. I don't know where the mason's store is (island newbie), but we're going to try to leave tim hortons at 9:30, so you'll have to extrapolate when we'll be passing by. I'll bring your shirts too. See you tomorrow.
Ken

I will be at Tims in millstream for a coffee @ about 815 then off to tims in millbay for a nother coffee. I love wheeling.

Very little snow, lots of washed out trail!

hey guys, just wanted to say thanks for coming up (or down) for the trail run, i don't think iv ever seen that many cruisers together for a run on the island. i do apoligize that we couldn't make it up the hill, the snowfall and recent rains wreaked major havoc on that trail....i ran it a month or 2 ago and only had a little bit of trouble on the last part of the trail....now it looks to be unpassable for anything not running front and rear lockers...as well as some serious rubber.in any case i hope you guys had an alright time out there given the circumstances

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom