Newbie here with a Hello and a Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone! Excited to be here and looking forward to getting to know yall'. I just bought a 1991 Toyota Land Cruiser after much deliberation. It was a great price and i could not pass it up. Im a first time Land Cruiser owner but i am already hooked. When i purchased this rig i was told it had an engine swap, one of the 50,000 mile ones from Japan, around 10,000 miles ago. My question is how do i find out using the engine number if it is the original or in fact a Japan replacement? I have tried to dig up info using the internet and by calling the dealership but have had no success. The Chassis number and the VIN match but the engine number does not. Info on the web indicated that the engine number would not match the Chassis or VIN number. Im at a loss here. Can anyone help. The engine number is 3F0277718. FYI the steps in the pics are the first thing to go so dont be to hard on me about ground clearance.

20200218_164904.jpg

20200217_105154.jpg

20200216_075817.jpg

Welcome to mud! That’s a good looking rig you scored. Discussion in another recent thread indicates no such info available from the block number but hold tight for other responses. Either way enjoy the ride. As long as it’s been maintained and you continue to do so it will treat you well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom