Newbie 62 Owner - Trouble shifting back into Park

Discussion in '60-Series Wagons' started by Chip B, Aug 14, 2005.

1. Chip B

Chip B

I'm still working on cleaning up undercarriage to find my mystery leak but here is the latest issue I need your opinions on..

No problem going from park down into any other gears but it seems to get stuck at neutral when sliding up then it takes a couple of frustrating trys from there to get into Park (I am not tryng to force it of course)

I am happy to report I used 4x4 for the first time to get on the beach. No problems at all. Probably could have done it 2wd considering a KIA pulled up beside me..

I will try to attach a pic of my new girl. Thanks in advance

2. lowtideride

lowtideride

Media:
    Albums:
    ya got me dude im a 60 man myself....but ya got some clean swell behind you...i use to surf Outter Banks all the time but now im way down south..

3. dd113

dd113

The FSM shows how to adj the shift linkage. Get up under there and take a look on the DS side of the tranny. You will see the linkage. Have a buddy run the gears and see what is binding. You can reindex the linkage and there is a LOT of adjustment in it. The parking pawl might be sticking but I doubt that is the problem.

4. zcruiser

zcruiser Needs monitoring

May need to replace the bushing set in the shifter and linkage. PO did this on my FJ62 and it works smooth.

5. High Desert

High Desert

you need linkage adjustment

My 88 fj 62 was clunky to shift. Mechanic adjusted the linkage, was not internal problem in tranny. Was just linkage out of wack.
    HD

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.