NEW - Warn VR EVO Recovery Winches! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

USOffRoad

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.usoffroad.us
The new Warn VR EVO series recovery winches are out and available for purchase in our store! Several improvements including a dual use wired/wireless control!

Oh and the prices went ...down. I'm working on getting our winch mount combination packages updated with these tonight.

The VR EVO recovery winches feature IP68-rated waterproof construction, an ultra-reliable Albright® contactor inside a relocatable control pack, and a state-of-the-art, two-in-one remote for added ease of use and versatility. With it’s fast line-speed and lower amp draw, the VR EVO series of winches are the hardest-working standard-duty winches we’ve ever made, with tactical styling that looks great up front and at a price that won’t pull you out of your budget.

-A powerful series-wound motor and planetary gear train deliver faster line speed under load, with lower amp draw
-IP68-rated waterproof winch construction keeps the elements out
-High-performance Albright contactor delivers maximum reliability
-Control packs can be relocated for low-profile installations
-Durable, one-piece cast-aluminum tie-plate for added strength and durability
-Two-in-one remote with wired AND wireless options for ease of use and versatility
-Available with wire or synthetic rope
-Limited lifetime warranty for mechanical parts and 7 years on the electrical

Get yours here: Warn VR Evo Series Recovery Winches

103251_VR EVO 8s.jpg

103253_VR EVO 10s.jpg

103255_VR EVO 12s.jpg

VR EVO control pack.jpg

VR_EVO_S_Pajero4.jpg

Watch the video.

What is this wireless option? Is it just the dongle that goes into the wired remote port?

"-Two-in-one remote with wired AND wireless options for ease of use and versatility"

They are just now rolling out but the previous VR models were very solid. You can't compare to a Zeon, there is a reason why a Zeon is 2-3x more expensive. The hand control can disconnect from the cable and then use as wireless.

If you are up in the air about winch selection then read this: WINCH SELECTION - U.S. OFF ROAD - Toyota - Jeep - 4x4 - Winch Mounts - Recovery Gear - Lights

It's all about your needs. We carry the full Warn line of winches so whatever you need....

What are you installing it on?

It mentions that low profile Warn winches will work and the EVO is certainly that. I'd go with a 12S. Warn VR EVO 12 AND 12-S 12,000 LB Recovery Winch - Steel Cable - Synthetic Rope

I'm not an ARB dealer but have installed several on Cruisers along with winches, always feet forward.

The VR EVO is clockable for the motor and gearbox so that shouldn't be a problem: https://www.roundforge.com/winch-database/warn-vr-evo-10-s-winch-103253/

The next issue is that the ARB bumpers require an offset hawse. We've used Mean Mother hawses for all of them : Mean Mother Alloy Hawse With Logo - 1" Offset

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the quick response! Perhaps I should email ARB since they manufacture the bumper...

I've noticed everyone in our club has broken synthetic lines many times and tied them back together. And they freeze on the drum when driving through deep snow. Steel cable you just hit with a hammer and it breaks loose. I also drag trees and use my winch for utility reasons and synthetic doesn't do well with abrasion. I think I would have to replace a synthetic line every year, steel lasts much longer and is cheaper. I suppose if you cleaned them once a month during the winter to get all the road grime out of them they might last longer.

Thanks for the quick response! Perhaps I should email ARB since they manufacture the bumper...

I've noticed everyone in our club has broken synthetic lines many times and tied them back together. And they freeze on the drum when driving through deep snow. Steel cable you just hit with a hammer and it breaks loose. I also drag trees and use my winch for utility reasons and synthetic doesn't do well with abrasion. I think I would have to replace a synthetic line every year, steel lasts much longer and is cheaper. I suppose if you cleaned them once a month during the winter to get all the road grime out of them they might last longer.

A late reply by me on this but those are all valid points. In general use for most off roaders synthetic will be better but there ARE climates and situations where I agree, steel is a better solution.

Will a VR EVO fit "low profile" concealed in an stock bumper of an 80?

Hi Brad,
Can you use the Warn dash switch (99897) with the evo? I have an evo 10s.
Am also thrown in the wiring in that there seems to be an extra red/black wiring pair coming out of the control box that does not seem to be listed on the install documents, nor can I find any reference to them online. The winch worked fine without them being connected to anything, during a quick test using the wireless controller.

Chris

Any idea if the EVO 12k will fit the TJM T13 bumper for a 200?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom