New Toyo Open County AT3 experience? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I haven’t done sand but I’m sure they’ll do great as long as you air down to 20psi or less. Have been great in snow, mud, rock, and gravel. Also relatively quiet especially based on the chunky look/performance of the tread.

My 285/70r17 load C are wearing great and I actually measured depth recently at approximately 30k mikes they are between 11 and 12/32” tread depth all around except the one that had to be replaced about halfway (picked up a set of side cutters in the tread, I won’t blame the tire in this strange circumstance) in and it’s at 15/32”. There is minimal chunking or rounding of tread blocks. Mostly rough pot holed pavement city miles but they do have some off pavement time on them. They have excelled in all conditions including lots of rain driving.

CBA916A2-02C7-4DF9-8791-3C8396ED8351.jpeg

I just bought a set of AT3s for the wife's LC200. They go on this weekend. I put AT2s on my GX almost a year before I put new BFG KO2s on her LC, and while I am now having to replace her K02s due to wear my AT2s still look great with plenty of tread (even though I put a lot more miles on my vehicle during that time). I have had no complaints about wet- or cold-weather use, and have put on about 70k miles with a 6,000 pound rig on the tires with surprisingly little wear. I am hoping for the same quietness, longevity and capability for the AT3s as from the AT2s, but if they are even close I know my wife will be very happy with them.

Hi, this thread is a great resource. Considering Toyo AT3's for my (new to me) GX470. Anybody run these on sand/beach?

I'm on road 99% of time but live next to beach so want to be able to drive in sand from time to time (without getting stuck). Will do very little non-beach offroading (rocks, trails, etc.) so that is not super important to me. All reviews said these AT3s are very good on sand but would love to hear real life experiences.
I'm taking the LC 200 with new AT3s down to the beach in a few weeks. I will try to remember to update you when I return.

Hi, this thread is a great resource. Considering Toyo AT3's for my (new to me) GX470. Anybody run these on sand/beach?

I'm on road 99% of time but live next to beach so want to be able to drive in sand from time to time (without getting stuck). Will do very little non-beach offroading (rocks, trails, etc.) so that is not super important to me. All reviews said these AT3s are very good on sand but would love to hear real life experiences.
I don't drive on the beaches by me (salt is the enemy lol), but most of the offroading I do is on varying types of sand in the NJ Pine Barrens. Air down and you will be fine. I have never bogged down, even after coming to a stop in super soft sand. I always look forward to wearing out my tires to try something new, but I think I will just get the Toyo OC AT3s again. Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you look at it), it still might be a while before I wear them down enough to justify getting a fresh set.

I spent 5 days on the beach last week in the LC200 with new AT3s. Trekked 60 miles in the sand each way (Padre Island National Seashore), including multiple trips in and out. A mix of soft, loose and harder packed sand of varying depths. I never had a problem getting around with the AT3s and did not get close to being stuck, even in the deep, soft places and starting from a standstill. Very happy with their performance in the sand. They were also just as quiet as the KO3s on the freeway at 80 mph (but will last much longer). Great tires all-around.

I spent 5 days on the beach last week in the LC200 with new AT3s. Trekked 60 miles in the sand each way (Padre Island National Seashore), including multiple trips in and out. A mix of soft, loose and harder packed sand of varying depths. I never had a problem getting around with the AT3s and did not get close to being stuck, even in the deep, soft places and starting from a standstill. Very happy with their performance in the sand. They were also just as quiet as the KO3s on the freeway at 80 mph (but will last much longer). Great tires all-around.

Awesome, thanks for the follow up!

I ran these tires on my previous Tacoma and now my GX460, nothing but impressed and have definitely put them through some tough trails. I always air down when off-road too.

I own a set on my 19 Tundra TRD Pro...been really happy with them with the caveat that when the roads are wet they are slippery...very slippery until the oil and crap washes off.

Most of my driving has been predominantly highway and some primitive roads around the Austin Hill Country. They have worn evenly with minimal noise at speed. My gas MPG took at least 2 MPG drop switching from the factory Michelin ATX to these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom