New to me Yota (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Newbie here stumbled on this thread while researching my '78 Toyota Chinook omega. You got yourself a nice one and you were smart to grab it. They are quite rare. My best upgrade was a Holley carburator. My hope is to convert to 5-speed transmission some day.

Are your windows glass or plexiglass? Do you know if they are original, or did the previous owner buy new ones? If so, what brand are they?

enjoy!

Windows are glass and original, not sure of make.

Newbie here stumbled on this thread while researching my '78 Toyota Chinook omega. You got yourself a nice one and you were smart to grab it. They are quite rare. My best upgrade was a Holley carburator. My hope is to convert to 5-speed transmission some day.

Are your windows glass or plexiglass? Do you know if they are original, or did the previous owner buy new ones? If so, what brand are they?

enjoy!

This pic is the three big windows. The little windows in the cab over are plexiglass.
I just realized your handle "78chinook". You must be an enthusiast?
1978 Chinook window.jpg

Admitted impulse buy and the new to me truck will be the camper, do any of you want to buy this little honey?
$8k (that's a bit less than what I have in it).

Gappy, thanks for the info regarding the window; more helpful than you probably realize. Our windows are plexiglass, so I'm looking to replace with glass.

Attached is my project

So you are selling yours? Anything wrong with it?

giddyup.jpg

Last edited:
Gabby, thanks for the info regarding the window; more helpful than you probably realize. Our windows are plexiglass, so I'm looking to replace with glass.

Attached is my project

So you are selling yours? Anything wrong with it?

View attachment 2131331

Nothing wrong with it. I have not put propane or water in it because I haven't had a need to yet. Elec frig works, chassis AC added a couple years ago works great, RV AC blows cold as well. Dual battery's, on the fly rear air bags, back up camera.
20 R with 4 speed, 52k miles. Ill post more pics.

:bang:

I never got the chance to nail you in the back of that thing Walter.
So tell whoever buys it that we still get to use it just 1 time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom