New to FJ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SSG

Threads
Just picked up a 2012 FJ, 41K miles and came with Pioneer rack and James Baroud tent, got an amazing deal and with 5 year Toyota warrantee as well.

My first upgrades that I would like to do is lighting. I want great lights, kinda my thing lol. My fog lights will be baja designs squadron sports in amber as I live in Seattle and there's lots of fog and rain haha but will be adding these when I find a bumper I like. I had the ARB bull bar on my recently sold 100 series LC, man that thing was heavy. I prefer stealth and light. and of course a winch.

Has anyone done or tried this kit:

2007-2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser

I want to take my time and research each step of my build. I am into road trips, overlanding and camping so will build towards those interests and needs.

Here is the best part, bought a 2011 Land Rover Range Rover SC, had it for two weeks, after 2 weeks on the Land Rover forums, I sold that thing to the dealer I bought my FJ from and SO glad I did!!!

Cheers :)

Welcome to the FJC world. I don't have any experience with the RetrofitSource kit, but looks pretty simple.

Lightweight bumper options are Addicted Offroad, Demello, All-Pro (recently sold to Trail-Gear) Metal-Tech and Shrockworks. They all pretty much mount the same way and provide much better approach angle over the stock bumper. I have a very early edition of the All-Pro and it has served me well. If I were to replace it I'd go with Addicted Offroad because I like the lines and low profile. The only drawback to the Addicted Offroad for me is no shackle points.

And you'll need to move the washer fluid sump with any of them...

And be sure the fog lights can be turned off - nothing more dangerous than driving into a guy with 100k lumens of fog lights on a rainy night: think of it this way: if the oncoming driver is blinded, and reserach has proven the human mind tends to drive into the bright spot, are those bright lights actually safer for you?

Ah yes for sure man, I am very carful with light discipline. I had the baja sport on my last ride (100 series LC) and the sport are bright but nothing compared to the Pros.

Thanks lgrt.

Too much Mtal Tech? haha

I decided on the Metal Tech Stage 3 front and rear bumpers for my FJ.

Oh going to check out your vids!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom