New "teflon" windshield wipers? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone tried these yet? I have a coupon for NAPA's teflon wipers, and stopped to take a look at them. The Teflon is in a strip on the wiping fin, but does not extend to the tip - which is rubber. Seems to me it will not improve wiping a single bit, but I'm open to other's experiences.

I'm a fan of the fully enclosed "winter" wipers as they're the only way to prevent the entire wiper arm from turning into a popsicle at freeway speeds around here. Looking for some new ones and wondering also if anyone has any brands they've had good experience with. These Teflons are available in a fully enclosed style.

IdahoDoug

Doug:

After trying a number of different blades, I was at the dealer (with blades that were not working that well) the day before 'the hurricane' was to blow through. On a whim, I bought the blades from the dealer (whoever the OEM supplier is) and man I really am impressed - they weren't cheap, but they are the best blades I've used on the truck. Now I need to get one for the rear window.

Cheers, Hugh :beer:

Hugh,

Which blades did you buy?

D

I have used every wiper blade known to man and the Toyota OEM wipers are the best you can get. They last MUCH longer than any others, so the cost in the long run is not an issue. Consumer Reports did a wiper blade study a couple years ago and they also found the Toyota wipers to be the best.

I agree with yooper, the Factory blades are by far the best. My 80 came with aftermarket blades on it and I replace them before the first rain!

I agree for summer use and normal winters. But around here, a fully booted wiper blade is the only way to go for reliable operation. Since I already have massive lights, winter specific tires and an 80 series, the last weakness for remaining mobile no matter the weather in our winters was freezing blades. The entire blade simply fills with slush and freezes as you drive. So, specifically wondering if anyone's had a particular brand really work out well. Mine are due and if no rec's I'll just get the same model.

IdahoDoug

I can only voice my experience from 3 years in Oregon, the rain capital of the world (well nearly). I absolutely love Bosch blades, the only one I have found that work consistantly well. Other than that, I would have to vote for factory wipers.

Cary

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom