This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
How come sometimes I see messages as being unread when I've already read them, whereas other times I see messages that are marked as being old ones when I've never seen them before?

Any ideas?

cause this forum software doesn't use the "persistent mark read" system...it's based on cookies and timeouts.

new version in beta right now, and it is "supposed" to effectively address it...we'll see...

Ok, thanks. I thought I was just going nuts.

Ratpuke said:
Ok, thanks. I thought I was just going nuts.

actually, that was my first guess.... :flipoff2:

Me broked it.

So, now I can't see any new posts... as in, top of chat page I see is "Locked out of house, Cruiser to rescue" instead of the latest post/thread as seen on the RHS of the page.

Yer just screwin' with me, aren't you?? ;p

it's always been that way

really

seriously

(did you forget your meds today?)

U sure? Maybe I didn't explain it properly. Let's try again. So...

I asked Bruce, who's on his computer in Calgary "what's the first thread you get on mud's chit chat section" he says "this is ___." I click on chat at the same time and I don't have that thread on the top.

I noticed it when I posted a new thread about looking for a picture. I click on the chit chat page and it's not there, yet Bruce can see it.

What I see

as first post in chitchat "Locked out of the house -- Land Cruiser Saves the Day" with 10 replies, 114 views.

Below that is

"Going Camping" with 15 replies and 236 views.

It's been that way since yesterday morning. My post isn't there, the latest post isn't there "not a Cruiser, but.."

So either noone has posted anything there, not even myself which I know I did, since yesterday or something is wrong.

:confused:

for some reason, your computer is caching the pages.....view the page and press F5...see if it corrects....

otherwise, try logging out and back into the forum....

Logging in/out didn't work.

F5 worked. Thanks :cheers:

Any idea why it was doing that and how I can prevent it from reoccurring?

no clue, honestly...never heard of it happening before....

however, IMO, you should be clearing the cache on your browser occasionally anyways...what browser ya running anyways?

I do, occasionally.

Internet Exploder - any suggestions for a better one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom