New ONSC member with my '83 FJ60 "Rusty" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Beer cans you say? That's pretty creative. Did my first rust repair in the trunk of an old Buick - completely removed the trunkpan and replaced it with the right and left side of my old stovetop. Pop rivets and silicone finished the job. That was a long time ago - thankfully the holes I'm dealing with are smaller so my rust hole cover of choice is a bit of old license plate and roofing tar. big improvement.

But yeah, you know... welding in new metal is good too I guess.

Hey whatever works! I like the license plate fix, a lot cheaper than welding too. I think my holes are closer to stop sign size though :) I remember my dad using a cookie sheet to seal up a hole in the floor of the VW bug we had as a kid. Old cars really foster creativity, I think I just need to learn how to weld though.

Yeah - Me too. I have a bunch of rewelding to do from previous owners 'learning' to weld.

Hey if you spin the pedals you are a cyclist :) Your rig sure dwarfs my stock ride height and 29's! I like it. It really is a sickness and this is our support group I guess. Look forward to getting together and speaking "cruiser".

What do you ride?

Here is my 2013 Kona Unit singlespeed rigid. It's my gravel grinder, all mountain, cross country, road bike.
13102422_212521642467994_1615014252_n.jpg

What do you ride?

Here is my 2013 Kona Unit singlespeed rigid. It's my gravel grinder, all mountain, cross country, road bike.
13102422_212521642467994_1615014252_n.jpg

IMG_0369.JPG

Cool bike! Coincidentally I also have a Kona Unit, I think mine is a 2010. It is a great bike but I tend to ride my Niner Jet9 full suspension bike more because the rigid fork and single gear beats me up and wears me out. I am just not as hardcore as you :D I also have a Kona Jake Cyclocross bike that I ride on the road mostly and sometimes race cross on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom