New Old Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, My name is Jeff Haasl, better knowen as Haas. Use to have a 79 FJ-40 back in the early 80,s and drove the body off it, My friend and I sold this truck back and forth several times, with intensions of never selling it to anyone else, untell one day he would not sell it back. That was trouble for me, anyway the frame was rotted and it needed another clutch, so I guess I let it sit in his back yard instead of mine. That was fine for a while, but a dead cruiser in the back yard is better then not having one at all. Well its in the early 90's and still no cruiser and had to do the getting married/have kids thing and still no cruiser, Will I been looking on e-bay for about 5 years and the price of those things just went threw the roof, so I thought I better get one soon. So hear I'am, with one not in the back yard but in my garage. I bought a 76, with all the orignal steel panels and floors and with very little rust, most people would call it rust free, but we all know there can always be some found, It does need alot of work and gone threw, but thats all the fun, It also has a 355 small block,allu intake,headers,no top, but I have hard doors in great shape. There was no internet back when I was off rodeing, Did'nt really know about any clubs, Would like to wheel with you guy's some time when I get this up and running, I'am in central WI. and would be intrested in the club thing. Talk to you later Haas:cool:

Welcome Aboard !!!! Now in Wausau .......Looking for fellow cruiserheads............To wheel and swap parts with Randy

Welcome aboard, where in Central WI?

I'm a Rapids native transplanted to the Fox Valley. I don't get home much, nor do I bring my Cruiser over there but hopefully this summer that will happen. Welcome again. Best of luck with your 40, any plans you can share?

Well where do I start with my plans? First there are a few rust issues I'am going to deal with, next I belive I have to deal with a radiator/fan problem, the previous owner zip tied the electric fan directly to the radiator threw the fins and around the core, kinda bogus a, I'am thinking a four core anyway, any suggestions on that and how to hook the fan on raditor ? Next is probly a lift kit, not realy sure what I'am going to do yet, I know I want to run 34 to 38,s. Ive got 33s on alcola rims and stock susp, It also has p/s already, I also want to install 4 wheel disc brakes, Then after that I'll start on the intereior, seat covers,full seat in rear for the kids, Thanks for listening, Haas

Make brackets for the fan, don't mount it to the radiator. There are tons of articles on here about putting disc brakes on a 40, read up and it will be easy. The parts are also available new/used/remanufactured/ OEM/Aftermarket etc. If you want to play around with wheeling, put a 4" in from a reputable manufacturer, there are many some ride well, some don't. If you want to get serious about wheeling it seems most 40 owners SOA first and end up linking up eventually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom