New info for the '08 FJ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If they want me to buy another one, they had better do a better job with the back end (i.e. tailgate and removable top), and make it more aerodynamic, so the windshield doesn't collect so much junk, so that it gets better gas mileage, and so the center of gravity is lower to the ground.

Those are just my biggest issues with it. Otherwise I love the thing.

If you make it more aerodynamic, you will be defeating the whole FJ idea here. You sound like you want a mall shopper than a 4wd, maybe you should park yours and go buy a Jeep Liberty so you can be truly happy.

If you make it more aerodynamic, you will be defeating the whole FJ idea here. You sound like you want a mall shopper than a 4wd, maybe you should park yours and go buy a Jeep Liberty so you can be truly happy.

Are you trying to start a fight? Don't like hearing other people’s opinions or something?

I'm not suggesting anything drastic here. Just a more functional back door, and few extra degrees on the windshield angle (which would reduce the amount of sheet metal required for the roof thus makeing it less top heavy and in turn lowering the center of gravity).

Are you trying to start a fight? Don't like hearing other people’s opinions or something?

I am. :D

While we are at it why don't we redesign the rear bumper so it isn't so flimsy, so that whenever you back into something, you don't come to a wheeling board bragging about body damage and gloating that you wheel....
(No I am actually being serious I have ripped the rear bumper wings OFF, both of them, multiple times... they suck.)

OR

Why don't we just make all of them solid colors and take out the white roofs, lose the heritage completely and be like you in your TRD!!! :doh:

OR

We could all join a local chapter of our wonderful TLCA and never socialize with the other FJC owners! :idea:

OR

We could all put bumper stickers all over the back of our FJ's demonstrating our political viewpoints and make ourselves look like more of hip yuppies driving the newest FAD car!:grinpimp:

(I am really just poking fun at somebody who seemed to get bent out of shape. No disrespect was meant in this post towards Spaldam, FirstToy, or Woody, and all things were said with complete humor in mind! So don't start PM'ing me please...)

IC how UR... ;)

I don't care about all the stuff I can change with aftermarket parts and some paint, but for me to cusomize my FJC the way i eventually want it to be I'm looking at some serious body work. Once it's payed off in 7 years it might bet done.

O, and I didn't really want the black roof, but it was a good selling point for my wife who hates two tone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom