New here.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys and gals,

I am an expat from the US that lives in Nepal, and I have purchased a 1992 LJ78 EX from another expat in Kathmandu. We are super excited and thankful to have found this vehicle in such great shape. My family and I were evacuated back to the States back in April due to Covid to have our second child, but we'll be heading back to Nepal in late January. I have read almost every article regarding the 78 and know what I am getting into. The plus is that in Nepal I won't really ever get over 70kph. I do want to take every precaution of getting and keeping this engine as cool as possible. I am not a gear head at all, but excited to learn. I also have a well known LC mechanic over there that I can depend on if needed. Y'all have done an incredible job laying out that path for everybody regarding the ends and outs of this engine, and I appreciate it a ton.

My question is more on the aftermarket wishlists. Shipping items to Nepal as an expat is difficult, so I am wanting to take as many items over with me when we go back. What are the small after thought items that y'all love you have or wish you had? I'm talking everything from a cup holder to lighting to the best jerry can rack you know of. Leave no thought behind. Let me hear all the wish lists!!!!

Again, really appreciate this group, and thankful I found it.

Merry Christmas,
JH

Here's our LJ78. Pumped about getting back to Nepal, and getting to work.

IMG_7456.jpg

The plus is that in Nepal I won't really ever get over 70kph.

Welcome. This is what these excel at . Bad roads are the specialty of the 7* series.
Check behind the FG flares for rust. It usually starts with dust that gets wet and holds moisture

Welcome. This is what these excel at . Bad roads are the specialty of the 7* series.
Check behind the FG flares for rust. It usually starts with dust that gets wet and holds moisture
Hey RoscoFJ73! Really appreciate the heads up. I will definitely check that when I get back to Nepal. Keep the ideas flowing, and also if you think of anything I should haul back to KTM please post!

Thanks again!

JH

and also if you think of anything I should haul back to KTM please post!

I would get a good supply of air, fuel and oil filters. Some common relays, thermostat. Toyota red coolant, radiator cap. But there is a few of these in Nepal, so there should be a reasonable supply of basic maintenance parts. Hilux, Surf and HiAce share a few mechanical and electrical parts.
Get some quality tube spanners, I think you call them crowsfoot wrenches. These are used for the injector lines and its important you have the correct spanner to remove them.

I would get a good supply of air, fuel and oil filters. Some common relays, thermostat. Toyota red coolant, radiator cap. But there is a few of these in Nepal, so there should be a reasonable supply of basic maintenance parts. Hilux, Surf and HiAce share a few mechanical and electrical parts.
Get some quality tube spanners, I think you call them crowsfoot wrenches. These are used for the injector lines and its important you have the correct spanner to remove them.
Perfect RoscoFJ73! Don't hesitate to post if you think of anything else! Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom