New GX470 Member - Hello! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello Forum Members!
I am now the proud owner of a used, ultra low mileage 2007 Lexus GX470. This will be a second vehicle, rather than a daily driver. There are some cosmetic things I'd like to take care of and wondered what your thoughts were:
  • I've seen that seal kits and foam kits can be bought to refurbish existing ML factory speakers, but I was curious to know what aftermarket items you've used on the lower end of the price scale. I like the factory look and just want it to sound audible and I'm not interested in the foam kits. I'd rather just get inexpensive replacement speakers - the factory sub is blown too
  • Is there a low-price alternative to the DVD/CD changer? It appears the belt has worn, so no discs can be loaded
  • Does any one have any factory chrome wheels? The ones I have have some damage and I'd consider taking them off your hands
Thank you!
Cheers

Howdy and welcome.
I think we all agree that you made a fine choice with the 470!
I don’t have anything to add regarding your first 2 questions, but as for rims, maybe consider some take-offs
from your local craigslist.
I have picked up 3 complete sets of Toyota’s “snowflake” rims, all new, from people who bought new Tacoma’s and immediately traded out for TRD rims, etc.
Bolt pattern and offset are factory Toyota, and in my opinion, look great on a GX.
I’ve paid as little as $175 for (4) brand new rims. I got them powder coated for $70/rim and will be mounting them up as soon as I buy new tires.
Pics are of the same rim design...stock (on the truck), and powder coated.
60E8A555-576C-48E6-93F7-91334B4AF907.jpeg
9A23550A-5BC5-4C74-98D1-62570DB53A23.jpeg
7098B577-3341-49DA-A3EB-E444C11C8794.jpeg

Last edited:
Welcome!

I used the speaker foam repair kit from Simply Speakers on my 2004. Just did the 2 front speakers for now. Appears to be working well. Haven't done the subwoofer yet. To my knowledge due to 8ohm ML speaker impedance there aren't any "cheap" replacements. $27 or so for the foam refurb kit is probably as cheap as it gets in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom