New console setup - cameras, Headunit delete (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

MDarius

I break stuff.
SILVER Star
Threads
Hello! I've been out for quite a while now, just getting back. I'm considering a drastic lifestyle choice. I'm thinking of eliminating the headunit (stereo) all together. What led to this? Let me tell you:

I wheel without a good spotter frequently and I'd like to get some underbody cameras pointing towards the front diff from center, towards the rocker panels (cats and exhaust), and the rear so I can see what I'm about to back over, or how close the cliff edge is. Archer at Crutchfield was awesome and pointed me to this UTV 4 camera setup:

It's 3/4" larger than a double DIN stereo. I'm thinking, I can work with that. I would put the screen where the stereo lives with a 3/4" of creativity.

Now, who listens to FM anymore, really? It's all streaming and stored. So, I would get this amp:

and upgrade the speakers to handle the input. Then I would just stream from my phone directly through the amp.

Recommended speakers from Archer:

I would put these in the front doors and rear doors with spacers and a little trimming of panels.

He added an amp power wiring kit:

and some speaker wire:

This setup de-clutters the console area, gives me cameras, and I've got space for a dual band radio
(Amazon product ASIN B071DQPNCW)
Notice the Land Cruisers in the advert...

When you add a bluetooth OBD2 reader and Android/Apple app to see all your OBD2 readings on your phone or tablet, you've got a pretty solid setup, I think.

I've seen guys that have so much stuff it looks like an airplane cockpit and the passenger has to sit sideways in their seat to get around the tech, if there's room for a passenger at all. I feel like this provides the key elements without all the fuss.

Thoughts?

Also, Archer was the expert at Crutchfield that helped me. He was excellent, asked the right questions, and I think he made some great suggestions. If you're thinking of buying from Crutchfield, get help from Archer and let his company buy him lunch!

Last edited:
This screen just has RCA inputs...I wonder about setting up on a switch box and adding connections for other input sources...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom