New battery in '04 GX, alarm goes off and won't stop until battery disconnected (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Last June I picked up an '04 GX, and drove it regularly until late August. Had a family issue and had to travel up to WA for a number of weeks, and then was back and forth for most of the last few months. Last time I drove the GX was in the first week of December. When I got back a week ago, I found the battery completely flat. Purchased a new one a couple of days ago, and then went to put it in today. As soon as I put the 2nd terminal on, the horn started honking and lights flashing. Doors locked. I have tried a few different combinations of key-presses on the fob (lock, unlock, then relock, etc...) and nothing works until I remove the battery cable. I am guesstimating the battery has been dead for at least a month, but don't know for sure. Has anyone else experienced this sort of thing and have any tips? I did order a new battery for the fob, just in case it is low/dead as well. Won't have it until Tuesday tho. If there is a trick or anything else I am missing, sure would like to know! Want to drive this again!

Last June I picked up an '04 GX, and drove it regularly until late August. Had a family issue and had to travel up to WA for a number of weeks, and then was back and forth for most of the last few months. Last time I drove the GX was in the first week of December. When I got back a week ago, I found the battery completely flat. Purchased a new one a couple of days ago, and then went to put it in today. As soon as I put the 2nd terminal on, the horn started honking and lights flashing. Doors locked. I have tried a few different combinations of key-presses on the fob (lock, unlock, then relock, etc...) and nothing works until I remove the battery cable. I am guesstimating the battery has been dead for at least a month, but don't know for sure. Has anyone else experienced this sort of thing and have any tips? I did order a new battery for the fob, just in case it is low/dead as well. Won't have it until Tuesday tho. If there is a trick or anything else I am missing, sure would like to know! Want to drive this again!
Use the key shank to lock and unlock the drivers door, with the battery connected

Use the key shank to lock and unlock the drivers door, with the battery connected
Tried that and had no luck. Just got things figured out this afternoon. Thought the battery in the keyfob was possibly dead, so got a new battery. Still no luck. Grabbed my other key fob and viol'a - it worked. Lock/Unlock and it shut up. Just drove her around a bit with the new battery in the vehicle and put some freeway miles on it to make sure things had a charge. What a PITA for that little thing. Guess I have a bad key transmitter on one of them.
Thanks for the reply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom