New ARB 50, Need a Slider Now... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dissent

Questioning my life choices...
Threads
I happened across an ARB 50 in the bulk trash pickup a few doors down Tuesday...and it works perfectly!

So, I now need a slider. Surely there is a CSC Fridge Slide project being dreamed up somewhere, maybe an anatomically correct copy of say an ARB Gen2 or a fancy drop down model? I mean, we have CSC Caster Plates we have the much revered Puma and Tire mount...surely we can put together a lowly fridge slide.

If I had one to model, I wouldn't think it would take too much. It's all Angle iron, a few bearings and a latch. The Z bend would be the toughest but a couple of angles welded together would be easy enough right?

Any takers to get one rolling?

Seems like Jason just made one with these slides @rctoyota
IMG_1298.PNG

I also remember @D_Web talking about having two fridge slides and one being too big. Pm him to see if he has one still

Seems like Jason just made one with these slides @rctoyota View attachment 1660926

I also remember @D_Web talking about having two fridge slides and one being too big. Pm him to see if he has one still
@D_Web's IM is full. :frown:

Those sliders will work but I had a real ARB slideout for a couple of weeks and that thing was solid. I just don't want to buy one. It looked very easy to build with some minor fab/welding skills.

Found a working ARB fridge in bulk trash. Where do you live, and what days are bulk trash pickup? I’m going to troll your neighbor hood. :hillbilly:

I used a rolling file cabinet base that someone else in the club had used as a fridge base, put it on 3" 500 lb sliders, with an integral drawer beneath the top. won't make the pinterest top 10 for looks, but works pretty well.
sketchup of cargo area.JPG

Found a working ARB fridge in bulk trash. Where do you live, and what days are bulk trash pickup? I’m going to troll your neighbor hood. :hillbilly:
Right?!! I couldn't get that truck in reverse fast enough!

I was really considering the suggestions here with wood and drawer slides but keep going back to that ARB setup. I'm surprised nobody fabbed one up in the club.

I'm back in the land of the living. I do have a second slide I don't think I'll be needing - PM for some more info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom