new 70 series owner with questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Per the Post above it leads to another thread showing the damage from the overheat. after being told that I should not be overly concerned with cracks between the valves I decided to take the head into a machine shop specializing in head repair. The visit to the shop was encouraged. they said it would take about 60 bucks to determine if it could be repaired magnaflux, cleaning ,inspection. They said repair could be as much as 350 depending on how bad it is. That still about half the price of the new head out of China. Not to mention it could be done and be back on the road before long.
I have a new aluminum radiator coming. I will be using electric fan and ditching the fan clutch mechanical fan radiator shroud. This will give room for air conditioning condenser core and add-on belts compressor etc. For add on air conditioning. Coolant capacity of an aluminum radiator is generally a good bit better than a copper radiator of the same size so I should be fine without the fan shroud.
Probably going to go with a vintage air heat cool defrost universal builder kit. Currently heater core is rotten it doesn't have air conditioning the heater water valve is frozen up and control cables are disconnected missing parts and or broken. If I was in a country where 70 series were imported and sold I would just go to a wrecking yard and get all the factory parts but that's not really an option here. Not going to spend four to five times the price just to make it look original.

IMG_20200108_090410.jpg

IMG_20200108_090420.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom