New 40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I finially got the new 40 home and took some pics. Put a battery in, added gas and she fired right up. I found a new in the package bakini top as well as some other goodies. It also came with a extra set of front doors and front seats. The plan was to part it but I will have to look at it a bit bettter before I decide. This makes #3 for me, can someone besides my wife tell me how much is too much? Thx

IMG_0001-1.jpg

IMG_0002-2.jpg

IMG_0003-6.jpg

You have to take the front hubcaps off to engage the hubs??

Might have the original drive flanges and no hubs...

Looks like a pretty nice rig. Might be too nice to part IMHO. Wanna sell it? ;)

Nick

No, it is not a nice rig. It is so rotten, the frame & body tub were "rebuilt" w/ tinfoil & bondo and a stick welder 10 years ago. Then it was left to sit in various swamps for the past 8 years (i've looked at this truck for sale 2x now), and now the patches are rotting off.

It is a parts truck.
W/ drive flanges.

I'm glad Cirk bought it, so I didn't.:grinpimp:

Common, Its not that bad Jim. It runs like a top. the body is rough of course. I was under it and the frame dont look too bad to me, I didnt see any holes or rott. Not to say it wasnt patched in the past but nothing overly obvious. I drove it around the block and everything seem decent h/l, wipers, flashers, radio all work. Sure its not a show pcs, but it is a good running 40. I may sell it, part it or keep it Im just not sure right now. By the way Im glad I bought it too.

No, it is not a nice rig. It is so rotten, the frame & body tub were "rebuilt" w/ tinfoil & bondo and a stick welder 10 years ago. Then it was left to sit in various swamps for the past 8 years (i've looked at this truck for sale 2x now), and now the patches are rotting off.

It is a parts truck.
W/ drive flanges.

I'm glad Cirk bought it, so I didn't.:grinpimp:

In that case I think I'll keep shopping. I already have too many parts trucks and parts....

Thanks!
Nick

Yea, thats what I figured too. I am very happy. Im not so sure that this is the same trk that Jim is talking about. The one I bought is not that bad. I put some new skins on today and it helped out the ride quality. All and all its a nice rig and Its running great. Thx

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom