...New 21 LC...one last question... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Last new owner question...yes, probably being neurotic....anyone notice a kind of hard down shift in stop/go traffic, etc? Just a thing?? Thx all for your understanding of new car neurosis. 😀

Normal. Transmission drops into 1st while cruising 5mph or so then accelerator applied. I feel like it should stay in 2nd until you come to a stop but its probably not programmed to do that.

I hope it's not the last new owner question! The 8 speed can have a bit of a hard downshift in stop/go traffic; It's a thing.

I hope it's not the last new owner question! The 8 speed can have a bit of a hard downshift in stop/go traffic; It's a thing.
Thx so much!!! Also...does the oil pressure gauge needle like to stay at the 1/4 level..moving some under acceleration?

Thx so much!!! Also...does the oil pressure gauge needle like to stay at the 1/4 level..moving some under acceleration?
Ha! I knew there would be more questions :bounce:

Yep, the oil pressure gauge pretty much maxes out at about 1/4 level on all 200s

Ha! I knew there would be more questions :bounce:

Yep, the oil pressure gauge pretty much maxes out at about 1/4 level on all 200s
Again, Thanks for your time! Driving home, I noticed it was at the lower part of the gauge (lower 1/4 of gauge) and wanted to check if all was good! 👍🏻

Putting the gear box in ECT PWR works for me to reduce the slightly rough shifting at low speeds

My oil pressure gauge upon startup is about 1/2 and once warmed up at 1/4. There are some other threads confirming this is typical.

Happy Land Cruising!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom