New 2000 LX owner timing belt (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone. I just purchased 2000 lx470 with 220000 miles. Trying to make sure that this vehicle is trip worthy. the previous owner advised that the timing belt has been changed but was unsure of when. Where is the best and most cost effective repair shop to replace the timing belt? What should I anticipate as far as the cost?. I checked with Tom Williams and they quoted me $1,500. I am in the Hoover area. Thank you.

Try Robeman's in Homewood

I'm guessing no service stickers that come with the timing belt kit indicating the date and mileage under the hood either?

Robe Mans in homewood (haven't used them, but the have a great rep and I'll try them out since my office is near there)
Homewood Auto Repair | Rob'e Mans

or

Franklin Automotive in Acton Road. (They were awesome to deal with with my volvo s80 travel car last year. They told me honestly it would be better to dump the car than to spend the thousands it needed in repairs.)
Franklin Automotive in Birmingham | service | repair | lexus | volvo | toyota | honda | acura | nissan | infiniti | vw | audi | - Birmingham, AL

Hello everyone. I just purchased 2000 lx470 with 220000 miles. Trying to make sure that this vehicle is trip worthy. the previous owner advised that the timing belt has been changed but was unsure of when. Where is the best and most cost effective repair shop to replace the timing belt? What should I anticipate as far as the cost?. I checked with Tom Williams and they quoted me $1,500. I am in the Hoover area. Thank you.

That's insane. Also, Tom Williams is a rip job artist.

Had mine done for $600 by a local guy in Tuscaloosa.

I used gear grinders garage in Argo.. I can't tell you how much because I had a lot done at the same time.

wabfab? 600 is super cheap...

No, although I do know of wabfab, I haven't ever done business with him. I didn't realize he would do mechanical repairs.

The guy's name is Lowell Reece. He is in Northport and used to be a Toyota mechanic but now does general work on all types of vehicles. He does excellent work but isn't very speedy unless you express urgency. He's done several timing belt/water pump jobs for myself, friends and family. Highly recommend.

afaik wabfab is full service. He works at Toyota too. Allen Reece was my second guess after wabbit.

is that price with OEM parts?

afaik wabfab is full service. He works at Toyota too. Allen Reece was my second guess after wabbit.

is that price with OEM parts?

I'd need to check about the parts being OEM. Although I'm not positive but I'm pretty sure there was a 5 year warranty on the water pump. Whether that was from Toyota or whatever brand manufacturers warranty... I don't know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom