New 1995 Trooper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey dudes, I got myself a 1995 Trooper. Its actually my second trooper and it replaced my 1997 4Runner (which I miss dearly, but I couldn't keep up/afford its nearly 400k maintenance requirements..) Picked it up for $2200, I'm probably about $3000 or so deep into at this point. For comparison, I paid $3200 for my 4Runner and was just over $9000 deep when I sold it.

I have always been a big fan of this forum, though considering its a Toyota heavy forum, I actually registered mostly because my Trooper came with a Con-Ferr Roof Rack that I wanted to sell, they seem to be popular with Cruisers back in the day.

Anyways its a 1995 Trooper S Base model, manual everything including the Transmission. Stock other then a swapped Isuzu 12 Bolt LSD third from a junkyard trooper. Pretty clean for 218k miles, spent most of its time in the Colorado Rockies. Its a '95 S so I have the wider suspension but no fender flares, which I prefer.

For those considering this vs a comparable 3rd gen 4Runner, you give up a bit of parts/aftermarket support and save a whole lot of Toyota tax. Id say if your on a sub-$5k budget/goal, the Trooper is not a bad way to go.

Hey mhansen, I am definitely interested in what you end up doing with the Trooper so please start a build thread if you can. I have had a 1999 and a 1990 that I just sold 3 months ago.

b15dba5029cfbbc17b3003009bdcea87.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom