Need more power!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
aside from the regular intake and exhaust anyone got any suggestions. what about the trd supercharger. will the safari snorkel still be able to be used wih that?. any power adders let me know please

this place has information on superchargers and snorkels.
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/

It depends on how much power you are looking for... a true custom exhaust from headers back will help, a regear to 4.56 will greatly increase your low end power and is normally a good starting point especially if you still plan on adding engine power, you can do a Throttle body spacer with a unichip and it will add some power, The superchargers will give you the most power however if you plan to go that route ensure you make your drive train stronger because you will break things. IMHO i would start with the regear and take it from there.

yeah i was planning on regearing anyway. i just ordered the RC 6" lift and am in the process of getting some custom icon coilovers made the give my 11" of travel so a regear is in order

Good suggestions!!!

There isnt that wide of a range of power enhancement products for the FJ as of yet, you may work the "power scavenging" route.

Things like undersized pulleys, electric radiator fans and the like would help squeze out a few extra HP here and there.

I had the chance to talk with the regional tech manager for Bullydog this weekend and he did state that the Bullydog tuner for the FJ (and the other vehicles with the 1GR-FE engines) is in development and getting very near beta testing.

Personally I think it will fill the gap nicely between the standard bolt on mods and the supercharger. I am guessing it will be on the market for less than the Unichip as well.

Good luck in getting more juice out of your FJ!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom