Need FJ advice!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Nice to meet you all, I don’t post much, but I lurk quite a bit. I live in Seattle and I’m from Virginia.

I am currently looking at FJs. I’ve owned Land Cruiser 80s (actually just sold my 93), but have owned mostly Land Rovers over the years. I currently daily drive a 1963 109, but I’m over it. I want an FJ.

I am so torn and need some advice from the community.

I am eyeing a low mileage 2014 TTUE and was literally about to pull the trigger when I read that if you’re working on it you have to buy special parts for this truck. Is that true?
My next choice is a 2014 Army Green FJ with 40k miles. The price difference is $4k.
Thoughts? Will I regret a TTUE? Will I need to buy special parts for it? I do most of my own work.
Thanks!

I'm not aware of any special parts other than different shocks. I believe the ttue has remote reservoirs. Other than that I think everything else is the same. I purchased a 2013 tte last year and love it. Only mod so far was toytec 3 inch lift which improved the ride tremendously. Also I went with 285/75/16 km3s and they ride and perform great. I purchased mine with 85000 miles on it and it runs great. You can pull a service history on Toyota owners if you have the VIN. I just looked for one that had good service records. The FJ is better on mileage than my 80, is excellent off-road and honestly I rarely drive my 80 now. I still love the 80 for camping with the family but for me and the wife the FJ is perfect.

20181203_164204.jpg

Thanks so much. Yeah I read on the fj Cruiser forum website that the other TTE were pretty much like the rest, but that the TTUE was a beast unto itself. I am SO close to pulling the trigger on it, but I do not want a one off vehicle with special parts.

Your FJ looks amazing. I LOVE the Cement color so much.

Really nothing special at all on a TTUE. If its a good price go for it. If you wait more than a day or two, they usually are gone!

Looks like between the two forums you got what you need :) Welcome to the FJ Cruiser community.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom