Need ball joints for a 1987 bj74 ...local??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 1987 bj74
I want to replace the ball joints
Does anyone know the parts numbers or if the are available locally?

I have had very good luck with Moog in the past and would like to use moog parts.

Has anyone had good luck get everything aligned at a Firestone or somewhere similar? I would like to get the lifetime alignment option if they car do it correctly.

Thanks

I have a 1987 bj74
I want to replace the ball joints
Does anyone know the parts numbers or if the are available locally?

I have had very good luck with Moog in the past and would like to use moog parts.

Has anyone had good luck get everything aligned at a Firestone or somewhere similar? I would like to get the lifetime alignment option if they car do it correctly.

Thanks
Are you talking about tie-rod ends? I got a full japanese replacement kit from @cruiseroutfitters. They typically have loads of 70 series parts like that is stock.

Here is a link to their ecommerce page (Tie Rod End Kit - Fits 11/1984-1/1990 Right Hand Drive 7X Series w/Heavy-Duty Chassis - BJ/HJ7x - https://cruiserteq.com/555-tie-rod-end-kit-fits-11-1984-1-1990-right-hand-drive-7x-series-w-heavy-duty-chassis-bj-hj7x-tre69070/). You might want to double check it, but I would guess it is what you need.

Others can confirm but I think caster and camber are not adjustable on my BJ74.
That leaves just the toe-in to fool with.
When I replaced my tie rods I measured the toe-in first and after the installation I adjusted the toe-in myself.

Others can confirm but I think caster and camber are not adjustable on my BJ74.
That leaves just the toe-in to fool with.
When I replaced my tie rods I measured the toe-in first and after the installation I adjusted the toe-in myself.
Yep. I would guess most run with a tape measure alignment and not have many problems. Caster can be changed but not really adjusted adjusted, but it is done with adding components typically a shim or could be cut and turn if you do a spring over.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom