Need advice on a 2002 4 Runner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking at one for emmy, v6, center lock, sport edition, lift, bumper, other than that it is stock.
Are they worth the effort to make em trail worthy? What would you guys recommend for modifications ?

Hi John,
You should check with Larry. Talk to him about the mileage on the motor as well and what to look for.

Trail worthy? Solid Axle Swap. That might be a little much, though she would have coolest truck at High School. :)

Hi John,
I second Dave's motion. First and second lines :D

Dave is smart man... concur.

She is going to wreck her first car, trust me.

Dave's so smart :D

she wants to bring her friends so it is a runner or 80, I do like the new runners but thats outa budget. After looking at the 02 runner I agree it would be a solid swap or a total chaos front end but many mods IMO . An 80 would be easier IMO and if it has trouble plenty of support, I do not think she likes them tho so I may just build the 02 runner, or truthfully, have Larry build the runner up a bit.

She has a Hyundai plug in Sonata for runnin around, she wants a trail rig that she can haul girls in.

heck, we all want to haul girls. Put some iron around them, go with the 80 series. Very safe both on and off road.

I found one of those I really liked. The IFS is of concern but I believe Total Chaos has an upgrade. Not familiar with the t-case/locker set up or the transmission or engine for that matter. Something in my head just keeps saying stick with something that will have plenty of trail support/ good on road manners and still be capable on the trail - an 80 seems to fit. However a built 80 and a starter 460 are pricey. I found a 100 series for great price that has all the right stuff, just needs a lift, that's it, has rockers, bumpers, lockers, etc. I have a pm in to the rock midget to get some first hand intel on what needs to be done to make it trail worthy. I am also trying to get Larry to build a rental fleet of minis so I can just rent and return :). Really hurt my feeling when Emmy says Spencers mini is smoother than the 40, easier to drive, blah, blah, blah. I say its dime a dozen and takes character to run a 40. Heck I saw the other Dave Thomas on Jamboree and guess what he was drivin ?, that's right a WRANGLER. He claims it to be smoother than a 40 and a better ride overall, this was as he was getting back in after fixing a problem with something hitting the sway bar or something, he had to stop multiple times to address the issue which I am pretty sure he did not have to do when he was drivin his 40.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom