need a suggestion for local engine builders for 5vz-fe (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
my 2002 is at 300k and throwing PO300/ 305 codes ( wont pass emissions, and has a bit of roughness and intermittent knock}

ive hit up all the jdm import engine groups by the fair grounds and they all want 1,050-1,300 for garbage looking rusty pulls.

the closest reman crate ive found is out of washington but i dont want to send my core back or pay 7k for a engine. any of you know a good toyota tec builder in the valley or a engine shop that has a rep? thanks!

I can’t answer your question directly, but do you have Facebook? If so, join the Arizona 4Runners group. A lot of those guys are all about the 5vz-fe and can give you some good suggestions specific to this engine. A few guys in that group have also rebuilt multiple 5vz-fe, and a couple of guys have spare engines from part-outs that may be in good condition for relatively cheap.

late lat late update ( ilost my login for mud!) runner is up, i went to engine house on the I17

spent waaay too much but had a oem parts engine rebuilt with performance valves and pistons and a port and polish job. 7k oof but shes smooth and warrantied for 5 years

late lat late update ( ilost my login for mud!) runner is up, i went to engine house on the I17

spent waaay too much but had a oem parts engine rebuilt with performance valves and pistons and a port and polish job. 7k oof but shes smooth and warrantied for 5 years

This outcome is pricy, but not terrible. You have reliable wheels for a while now. I just dropped nearly $6k because I fail at used car buying. Will poast whole story with tasteful redactions at some point when the heat dissipates a bit more. Either way, you now have a carbon footprint that is many times smaller than a Tesla owner. Congrats!

thanks! just picked up a Daihatsu Hijet too because I saw this fuel bs coming back in January. should be off the boat in a few weeks. oh and I too fail at buying used cars so i defiantly went with the engine swap for that exact reason !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom