Need a job!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well....I'm finally unemployed. Hours had been dropping week by week, and this week my uncle finally told me he couldn't afford to use me. I've looked everywhere I can imagine in my little 12,000 person town and can not find a job. I'm competent and a hard worker, with experience in electronics, computers, electrical, plumbing, and handy-man work. I am an excellent carpenter, having built numerous pieces of immaculate quality. And, like most on here......am a damn good mechanic and not too shabby at metal fab.

I'm willing to travel to Mecklenburg, Cabarrus, Rowan, Anson, Montgomery, Randolf, Moore, and Richmond counties....and if the job is Charlotte area and can be done part-time with school I would stay on as long as possible.

If anyone knows of any decent jobs (I was getting payed 10/hr) let me know. Cruiser is in disrepair and will continue to sit if I can't find work. We all know how crazy that can drive one of our kind.

Have you ever thought of running a pet-sitting service. I'm about to shell out $45 for pet sitting for my dog while I go to URE this weekend; 3 visits to our house Sat afternoon, Sat night, Sun morning. The "sitter" will likely invest 3hrs total (including drive time) so that would be a good and flexible job. Of course, 90% of your business would have you local on the weekends.

Just a thought. Good luck!

:beer: R

Wish I could help you Logan. I might be able to swing you a job out here but... it would have to be full time at the least.

Why don't you put some of those fabbing skills to use and make some cruiser crap :grinpimp:

Full time is great as long as they don't mind a temporary employee....

Don't have access to the tools like I would need to sell stuff....if I did there would already be a 3-link kit available.

Ramon - who do you use, that is cheaper than the 23 bucks a visit I pay :) speak up man.

Have you ever thought of running a pet-sitting service. I'm about to shell out $45 for pet sitting for my dog while I go to URE this weekend; 3 visits to our house Sat afternoon, Sat night, Sun morning. The "sitter" will likely invest 3hrs total (including drive time) so that would be a good and flexible job. Of course, 90% of your business would have you local on the weekends.

Just a thought. Good luck!

:beer: R

Should have dropped a note my way. My daughter would love to come visit Splash and would surely be cheaper since you are a valued ONSC member...

You need some cooler neighbors Ramon.

As far as jobs there is no time like the present to start a business if you have ever wanted. Many holes left by companies that didn't make it and equipment is cheap from companies going out of business. Buildings for that matter as well.

SBA Loans are easier than ever to get and starting a business in a recession helps build qulity customer bases. Not like you have anything to lose anyway since you don't have a job now.

Marketing is cheaper during these periods as well and makes it easy to get your name out there.

You could also look for a Federal Job. They are really one of only a handful of sectors that are still hiring. Check out governmentjobs.com The greatest thing about a federal job is you don't have to be a hard worker, have any interest in what you are doing, or even really know anything about the job. Put all of that together and they pay you 75K+ a year and full benifits.
:idea:
Or you could join the Army..haha just kidding.

Hey get off my federal job.

Tell ya right now the PO is on a hiring / promotion freeze.

I might be looking for a job for both me and the better half around Badin NC soon. Anywhere in a 45 mile radius probably.

Still looking Logan??

We might have an opening here soon.

Ask for Tom Nye. 704-375-6400 tell him that you are a friend of Al

I wouldn't tell him that you want part time though..... that is up to you though. I told him you would be reliable and are mechanically inclined.
It is just where house work.... tiring but nothing tough.

Let me know though

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom