Need 24V flasher relay for BJ41 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,

I am new to the forum, so I hope this is an okay place to post this. I just purchased a 1979 BJ41 and am in need of a 24V flasher relay (3 prong), part no. 81980-25050.

I tried to open up the relay box and fix it, but it seems that a couple components burned out.

Thanks,
Lee

I’ve got a couple, but they aren’t working exactly as they should. I think they just need to be cleaned. Give me a few days and I’ll see if I can get them working properly.

Hi,

I am new to the forum, so I hope this is an okay place to post this. I just purchased a 1979 BJ41 and am in need of a 24V flasher relay (3 prong), part no. 81980-25050.

I tried to open up the relay box and fix it, but it seems that a couple components burned out.

Thanks,
Lee

This part is available new from Toyota.

I’ve got a couple, but they aren’t working exactly as they should. I think they just need to be cleaned. Give me a few days and I’ll see if I can get them working properly.

Sounds good, Wes. Thank you.

This part is available new from Toyota.

beno, I tried several Toyota websites and even a parts website in Japan, and all said this part is discontinued. Do you have a link that might help me out since I need to order other parts as well?

Thanks,
Lee

Sounds good, Wes. Thank you.
I was able to remove the cover from the flasher and clean the contact to get it working. The contact that controls the left and right flasher (as compared to the one that controls the emergency flasher) was quite corroded and worn. The flash rate is a little faster than the one I currently have on my Cruiser. See the video below to witness its function. I just sold one a couple of days ago for $100 plus shipping, so that is my asking price.

Note that with Beno's suggestion that they were still available form Toyota, I made a request to Amayama to see if they could source any. If you want to wait until I here back from them, I will let you know what they answer with. Their website did say they were available, but that hasn't meant much in the past with other requests I have made. I have not been able to find any new ones from my normal Toyota sources in the US.

I was able to remove the cover from the flasher and clean the contact to get it working. The contact that controls the left and right flasher (as compared to the one that controls the emergency flasher) was quite corroded and worn. The flash rate is a little faster than the one I currently have on my Cruiser. See the video below to witness its function. I just sold one a couple of days ago for $100 plus shipping, so that is my asking price.

Note that with Beno's suggestion that they were still available form Toyota, I made a request to Amayama to see if they could source any. If you want to wait until I here back from them, I will let you know what they answer with. Their website did say they were available, but that hasn't meant much in the past with other requests I have made. I have not been able to find any new ones from my normal Toyota sources in the US.

Wes, looks like you got it to work! Is there any way I can contact you by phone? (How does one exchange personal info via this platform?) I'd like to try to get the right timing (the engineer in me coming out) but it sounds like I may need to take what I can get.

Interesting... I had not heard about this website.

Wes, looks like you got it to work! Is there any way I can contact you by phone? (How does one exchange personal info via this platform?) I'd like to try to get the right timing (the engineer in me coming out) but it sounds like I may need to take what I can get.

Interesting... I had not heard about this website.

I have sent you a private message. You can check it by clicking the inbox button in the upper right corner of the screen.

Amayama cancelled my order due to unavailability.

heavy equipment is 24V. Napa has 24v flashers, bulbs, and other stuff.

Reviving an old thread but I have a 1980 BJ41 and the hazards aren't working. I am curios as to whether the relay controls the hazards alone or the blinkers as well. The blinkers are working, but not the hazards. I seem to have found the relay on CarMarka. Thanks in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom