Navigation won't turn off??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
No sure if the two are related but, I just got my windows tinted today including front windshield. A few hours later noticed that my navigation and clock were still on with the truck off, parked, key out of ignition. Nav and digital clock won't turn off with the truck. Am I in the twilight zone or just missing something simple here? Thanks.

2004 100 Series

Last edited:
On my '04, there is no way to turn on the nav without the ignition switch being in either acc or on. So I don't think you're missing something simple. Is the ignition switch broken and stuck in acc even with the key out? Are the nav and clock the only things on? Was the ignition switch used at all when the windows were tinted?

On my '04, there is no way to turn on the nav without the ignition switch being in either acc or on. So I don't think you're missing something simple. Is the ignition switch broken and stuck in acc even with the key out? Are the nav and clock the only things on? Was the ignition switch used at all when the windows were tinted?

The ignition works fine as it always did, and yes the nav and clock are the only two things that stay on. I can't imagine how having the windows tinted could somehow make the nav and clock stay on when the truck is off so I guess it's just coincidence.

When I do put the key in and turn the the truck on the nav turns off then back on revealing the toyota/ agree info.

Literally the weirdest thing ever.

Is it still doing it? The first thing I'd check for weird, random electrical issues is that water/moisture dripped on the ECU(s) under the dash. Is it possible that you had front door widows tinted, or the windshield tinted? Maybe they got over-zealous with the washing during prep and dripped. If it's still doing it days later, then on to something else. Start with a battery disconnect to reset ECU's, and see if the issue remains. Hard to make a power-source change be related to window tint install. Only thing I can think of (without going way out in left field) is water...

Is it still doing it? The first thing I'd check for weird, random electrical issues is that water/moisture dripped on the ECU(s) under the dash. Is it possible that you had front door widows tinted, or the windshield tinted? Maybe they got over-zealous with the washing during prep and dripped. If it's still doing it days later, then on to something else. Start with a battery disconnect to reset ECU's, and see if the issue remains. Hard to make a power-source change be related to window tint install. Only thing I can think of (without going way out in left field) is water...

Yes I had the front door windows tinted + the windshield. You're theory makes sense, maybe water dripped behind the dash and got some electrical bits wet. So you're thinking if thats the case it could dry out and resolve itself?

Dead battery this morning. FML.

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, do you have a trailer hooked up with a battery? Only time that your problem happens with mine is when my sled trailer is hooked up.

Out of curiosity, do you have a trailer hooked up with a battery? Only time that your problem happens with mine is when my sled trailer is hooked up.

No trailer/ tow hitch on my rig.

I know they use soapy water when putting tint in. I think that might've messed with the electronics.

I think you're on to something.....lots of soapy water inside and maybe in the wrong places and goofy electricals. Also, in my earlier post, I was referring to the accessory position of the ignition switch, not the on position. In the accessory position, only the navigation and clock are on. So the electronics are acting like the ignition is in accessory. I'll go with no coincidence and that soapy water got in the electronics?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom