NATO fuel cans (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

NLXTACY

Wits' End
Threads
Hey folks, hoping someone has a line on some NATO cans for sale. I have tried a whole slew of army/navy surplus and I have had zero luck so far. These are the ones I tried:

Army & Navy Surplus - Van Nuys
Recon 1 - Tarzana
Military Surplus - Silverlake
Supply Sargeant - Burbank
Army & Navy Surplus Headquarters
- Reseda

Tried Sportsman's Guide but they will not sell to civilians

Buy it through a company then...? Who is allowed to order out of the sportsmans guide?

I have/am a company. Can't order unless I am military. Looking for something local so I have at least on gas can on me for the trip this weekend. Being as I will not be with the group on the way there or the way back I want to have some piece of mind. AND the can will probably be inside the truck for this trip because I dont have an exterior can holder yet.

What I did

When I was prepping for my Utah/Moab trip earlier this year, I was in the same boat. I ended up buying a couple NATO cans in Vegas. Still legal there.

Yup, they rode inside with me all throughout the Canyonland NP, Moab, etc, and never smelled even a whiff of the diesel.

Great cans.

3828 W Sunset Blvd
Los Angeles, CA, 90026
(323) 662-8132

all of the ones I have came from here did you ask if they are getting any more in?

sportsman's guide sells water cans it's the same can just in blue get the spout to they work great

Last edited:
NATO style Jerry Cans

get the water or oil cans ;) :grinpimp: and this spout(the flexible ones are junk). I have two water can that I have been using for gas for years.
semiflexspout.JPG

bluewatercan.JPG

3828 W Sunset Blvd
Los Angeles, CA, 90026
(323) 662-8132

all of the ones I have came from here did you ask if they are getting any more in?

sportsman's guide sells water cans it's the same can just in blue get the spout to they work great

Thats where I went. They said some guy doing bio-diesel conversions came in and got them all. And they said that they aren't sure when and if they will be getting more in. I will try the link you just sent. It looks promising. Thanks!

Thats where I went. They said some guy doing bio-diesel conversions came in and got them all. And they said that they aren't sure when and if they will be getting more in. I will try the link you just sent. It looks promising. Thanks!

ya the bio-diesel conversion place is right down the street :mad:

the last batch a friend of mine got. they seem to be getting hard to get. :bang:

Where did you get them?

I'll be in Vegas in the next couple of weeks for a trade show.

Would you be willing to pick up two more for a fellow trailcrew member? (i.e. me?):D

That is, if you can find them.

Folks let me know if anyone wants some used NATO cans and/or nozzles. I have a guy in Oregon that has about 30 and a guy that has a line on a bunch in Idaho. These are used and run roughly $30 shipped. I actually picked up some brand new ones and had them shipped to Oregon where I will eventually go to pick them up. I paid $139 for two new cans and 2 new nozzles. If I waited long enough I would have gone for the used ones but I was tired of trying to hunt these down. Let me know if you want any used ones. Sooner the better if you want them because they will NOT be around for much longer.

I want two used green ones and one blue water one if possible. Why the two spouts? Can't you use just one for all cans? Let me know.

Not sure about blue (water tanks), I'll check. I got two spouts so I can keep one in each vehicle

Gotcha. I'm up for a spout as well: Let me know:

2 green
1 H20 blue if possible
1 spout.

How much do they run? And can they be used for fuel?

How much do they run? And can they be used for fuel?

20 to 30$ and no they would not work as a fuel can they tend to leak some. get the used one talked about that is a good deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom