Wanted Nashville- OME 2864 Springs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for a pair of 2864, possibly 2863 springs. My 2865s, even with airbags, have reached their weight limit. Willing to trade or purchase…

Would you be interested in a set of new Ironman TOY025C these are the constant load springs-I installed, test drove and removed. $100 plus shipping from ATL.

1678659756180.png

Hey-

Long story short- I upgraded from the Ironman performance springs TOY013B to 2864 after bumpers and more static weight. I install the 864 for my trips out west- but local driving was a pita cause I couldn’t get the truck in my garage with out airing down-😕 hence the search for a spring that would carry the load but slightly shorter profile- I gambled and tried them but they were about the same measured height as my old performance springs- so I pulled them. I also noticed a slight lean on the passenger side-DS spring is longer by about 15min to compensate for the driver weight and fuel tank- I think the PS wants a 15min spacer on my truck with those springs to balance it out.

My LC has gained a bunch of weight over the past year. I’ve been running the 865s with airbags, and it has been great because of the adjustability. It’s just too squirrelly now even with 25lbs of air in the bags. I don’t do too much hard wheeling because she’s also my daily driver. I’m heavy on my driver’s side anyway. Don’t know if trim packers would be necessary. Have you noticed a ride quality difference between the Ironman and 864s?

TOY025C >> I found the ride quality good- planted (not much body roll)

The 864 will put the back end pretty high- close to 24”~ 24.250 hub center to fender lip- that’s roughly 3.5” lift-see my sig line for build (fairly heavy). And as heavy as my truck is, what I found with the 864 is that they push the rear shock high in the stroke outside of range where valving is optimal and that results in some body roll. I dont have a RTT which is what the 864 really helps with.

TOY025C >> I found the ride quality good- planted (not much body roll)

The 864 will put the back end pretty high- close to 24”~ 24.250 hub center to fender lip- that’s roughly 3.5” lift-see my sig line for build (fairly heavy). And as heavy as my truck is, what I found with the 864 is that they push the rear shock high in the stroke outside of range where valving is optimal and that results in some body roll. I dont have a RTT which is what the 864 really helps with.
I have been stubborn and loyal to my ARB rtt. I use it though, and have it mounted probably 7-8 months out of the year.

If you run with RTT 75% of the year- (have steel bumpers-skids- tire carrier- drawers-) I’d suggest 864

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom