My Trails is Delayed! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Tony or anyone else with the info,
How long does a schmuck with bulk mail have to wait untill he can assume his Trails is MIA? I seem to remember a month or 6 week postage max, but I wanted to wait as long as possible before bugging Jacki about a replacement copy. I miss First Class mail! :D

Ross

Hi Ross...

I'm on it, get back to you...

Here's what American Web has to say on the topic:

Hi Todd,

The Post Office will not commit to answering this question. Several years ago the PO was attempting to deliver bulk mail (now called "standard mail") in zone plus 2 days. They didn't always meet that, but that was their goal. Sometimes it would be quicker to many locations, but it would vary.

Zone plus two days means the zone number from the entry point to delivery point, plus 2 days. If a delivery point was in zone 5, this meant they'd try to deliver by day 7.

The situation with standard mail is that it is the lowest priority for the local mail carrier. First Class comes first, followed by Periodicals. If their mail sacks are full, they do not have to take the standard mail out that day or even the next day. However, most all local Post Offices want to get mail delivered as quickly as possible, so they do take it out ASAP.

In addition to the postage savings to mail Periodicals, there can also be a delivery advantage from many local Post Offices compared to standard mail.

Hope this helps with your question, Todd.

Bob

Hi Ross...

MIA... shipping out another one to you ASAP so you can review your musing columns. 8)

Using the MD address.

Although, Jan/Feb went out late... and Mar/Apri, although it seems early, is on time.

Toyota Trails: a new look, a new feel, a new attitude.

almost forgot Ross...

to answer your question, a lllloooonnnnnggggggg time. :-/

Thanks Tony,
But like I said in my email, I was aware of the problem of bulk mail when I downgraded, and now have to be a man and live with it! :) Luckily, I have to renew my membership soon, so I can rectify that problem and start getting my Trails in the 'White Envelope', not the plastic bag! :)
Ross

Got the "care package" today, Tony! Muchas Gracias. Now I have some serious reading to go and do, with two issues of Trails arriving on the same day. Thanks a bunch!

:D

that's good news!

I have been contacting many folks to follow up on their satisfaction with regards to getting 'current'. I dropped the ball with Smokey Vaught, good thing I followed up. Hey, it happens! :eek:

thanks Ross... Todd's note about really enjoying your most recent submission has me really looking forward to May/June already!

Mine was late too, even though sent 1st class. Once it got here, I saw the post date on it was like 2 weeks before I got it. So even with 1st class sometimes it just takes awhile. That damn kear karma thing - gotta ditch it. :D

As I said before, elsewhere though, this new TLCA org is really kick ass. I'm a diggin it.

Tony,

I have not gotten mine yet. I didn't sign up for 1st class postage. How long should I wait before I deem the issue to MIA?

Thanks,
Charles Kim

Tony,

I have not gotten mine yet.  I didn't sign up for 1st class postage. How  long  should I wait before I deem the issue to MIA?

Thanks,
Charles Kim
Charles,
My original missing Trails was the Jan/Feb issue. I waited two months before contacting TLCA. And as of today, it never arrived. As for the March/April Issue mailed about a month ago, I only got my bulk mail copy today. So hang in there awhile, it might be in the pony express saddle bag as we speak!
:D :D

Ross,

Thanks. I still have not gotten it yet. I guess I'll have to wait some more. It is frustrating because my rig's picture is in the mag and I would like to see it...

Charles

I joined on March 18th, so did i miss out on the mar/april issue?

Travis
TLCA #13379

TMAN...

guarantee you missed the Mar/April issue... guaranteed.

Unfortunately, we have to 'create' the mailing lists a couple weeks prior to the issue itself... for instance, we just completed the May/June mailing list here on April 14th.

Mar/April's list was created mid February.

Your membership will begin with your first issue received, in your case, May/June.

Sorry for the bad news... But we do have mailing list and content 'cut off' dates to aid in completing an issue of trails.

Hope that helps and thanks for joining!!

Tony,
Thanks for the quick reply, and I understand completely. No problem at all. Just one more question, roughly when does each issue go out? I.E., towards the beginning of the first month (beginning of may)? Thanks again, and I can't wait for my first issue!

Travis
TLCA #13379

I believe a good rule of thumb is towards the end of the first month of the issue in question... in other words, May/June could presume towards the end of May....

but I also know that our new managing Editor is targeting early in the first month and more importantly, consistency in that time frame.

if you are looking for an exact date each month, can't do it.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom