My new $350 ARB Bumper

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I have been toying with the idea of making my own bumper. I really wanted to do it for the cost aspect and experience. However I was surfing craigslist and came across a one year old ARB winch mount bumper. The best part is that the guy only wanted $350. I went, checked it out, and bought it within 5 minutes. Sorry to the 8 or 9 guys that had called on it before me, and not checked into it. I will post a pic or two. One of the tubes is bent, but I think it adds character.

I just wish the hardware stores would be open so that I can get some bolts for this thing and put it on. I guess I will have to wait til morning.

The guy is also selling his 60 for $650. It runs, is red, and is leaky. That is about all I know about it. I posted the guys contact info somewhere in the wanted section.

I wanted to ask though, has anyone ever had his/her bumper stolen? If so, are there any tricks to stop that besides welding?

Anti-stolen bumper tips

calphi27 said:
I wanted to ask though, has anyone ever had his/her bumper stolen? If so, are there any tricks to stop that besides welding?

Besides welding... well, heres half a story:

Without obviously welding your bumper to your frame (that's a no-no), you can always just put a quick tack weld on the bolt so it cannot be undone, and when you need to for some reason remove it, just get out the die grinder or cut off wheel and zip off the weld.

I understand that not everybody has access to a welder, but seeming as it is such a quick and small job, I'm sure that if you approach any welding shop they'll take care of you for a minimal fee.

Geesh, anti-theft....

Never thought of that....there's a crapload of big, very tight bolts holding it on.

It's gonna take someone sometime to steal 'just' the bumper....

That and meebeee my frame ( or bumper) was a tad outa'align; had to push bumper onto frame....push with truck v. tree . . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom