My Lo Budget Runner Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys im Kolt, i bought a 4th gen a few months ago and started slowly making it mine. When me and the wife got her she came on some nice kmc wheels and 265/70r17s and a 1.5in leveling kit. First modification was starting the front bumper build and making my own ditch light mounts from diamond plate i had laying around. The front bumper had to have angles cut and welded because i have no tubing bender at the moment. I still have work to do to finish the front bumper but i have little to no time at the moment with my wife being in tech school for the airforce. I plan on building all the armor stuff myself as i love to fabricate despite having alot of skill. I do have more skill than money so that helps haha. I ordered my timing belt and waterpump kit along with 5th gen caliper and rotor set and a 3in lift from yotamafia that im waiting on for delivery.

20190216_182009.jpg

This weekend i plan on knocking out the waterpump and tbelt kit. I finally got everything needed to continue welding at home rather than making a 5hr trip to florida to my brothers. After finishing my tube bumper ill be making some sliders and a rear bumper followed by the roof rack. We are moving to Ogden Utah in june so process will slow up as most likely my tools will be in storage for a while, but im going to do what i can when i can and will keep the post moving.

We are moving to Ogden Utah in june so process will slow up as most likely my tools will be in storage for a while, but im going to do what i can when i can and will keep the post moving.

Nice start, grats on the move btw. I live out in the Layton area, it's beautiful here.

Nice start, grats on the move btw. I live out in the Layton area, it's beautiful here.
I spent most my life in spokane wa and hesperia ca so from what ive seen im going to love it. Cant wait to be within range of sand dunes again and ive been dreaming of moab since i was a little boy reading my dads 4x4 mags.

Timing belt and water pumps done. I ordered my 80 series snorkel friday, should be in this week. Hopefully I will be doing my 5th gen front brake swap by this weekend, then just have to wait on my 5100s and ome springs to come in.

Need to plumb it up but other than that the snorkel is mounted. My rear 5100s and rear ome springs came it and im expecting my fronts to be in monday, thatll keep me busy next weekend.

Got my suspension done, in the rain with hand tools.

The timing belt and water pump was my first time on the yota but not on a vehicle. The lift was done in the pouring rain that caught me un expected but took 3 hours with handtools. Thanks for the compliment shes far from a perfect rig but she'll do me for now. Cant wait for Utah.

5th gen brake swap done. Noticed my cv boots are torn and multiple balljoints are leaking along with some cracked LCA bushings, smh so there goes getting back into the fabbing part. Also swapped my KC lights for 4 Hellas, gotta get 4 more KCs for the roof rack i want to build.

Just ordered JBA ucas should be in this week along with some oem cv axles.

Jba arms are in now i just have to decide what size tire i can run with the rims i have. Im not very literate with the back spacing and what not. Does anyone know if 255/80r17s clear easily? I have kmc xd wheels but unclear of the specs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom