my Fj40 14 bolt spindle (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am trying to get my 40 for the Round up and doing some maintenance and here's what I found.

Grease was coming out from the back end of the rear seal and once I took it apart I found this for the second time, since this had happened before.

Oh I forgot to mentioned, this spindle is from a 14bolt. The lock nuts still good and go through the full thread and it's thight but the outer bearing is toasted. I found just the ring and was able to come out ez. it wasnt welded on the spindle. there was only one lock thingy that was broken and was missing a locking thingys that helps to have the lock nut in place.

any guess of why is doing this?:hillbilly:

Spindle.jpg

here are the locks and the broken thingy missing teeth. I am saying this thingy missing teeth, like Kowboy once, is the one causing the hub to become lose.
A buddy of mine says that the spindle is bent and I refuse to believe that. it's a lot of work into it,

lock set.jpg

lock wash.jpg

Wish I could help ya JP but just ain't my cup of tea. :meh:

All I can suggest is to just replace the whole thang with a Dynatrac ProRock80 and be done with it. :grinpimp:

:flamingo:

Pirate4x4.com

All I can suggest is to just replace the whole thang with a Dynatrac ProRock80 and be done with it. :grinpimp:

Go to this site" pirate4x4.com" they have a good write up on the 14 bolt axle

Thanks sir!

I have another 14 bolt on stand by but I sincerly dont want to go through the whole thing of cutting brackets and welding'em again on a new housing.

dana 80 would be nice, but as you know, budget for the toys is always tight.

Go to this site" pirate4x4.com" they have a good write up on the 14 bolt axle

thanks sir!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom