Hey everyone! I wanted to share some pictures of my new project, a 1977 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 with 68,000 miles on the odometer. I’m located in Montana and recently picked this one up in California. From what I can tell, it has minimal rust for its age and appears to be a pretty complete, mostly original truck with OEM parts and no aftermarket modifications that I’ve noticed. I’m new to restoring these, so I’m learning as I go. One thing I’m currently dealing with is a mouse infestation from the truck sitting for so long. I’m working on cleaning that up and addressing the contamination using proper PPE and precautions before moving forward with the restoration. My plan is to focus on getting it mechanically sound and running first, then worry about the cosmetics and making it look good down the road. The biggest thing I’m concerned about right now is the engine. It’s been sitting for over 30 years. The previous owner mentioned that it had been tipped onto its side at some point, which damaged the hardtop, bent the windshield frame, and damaged the doors. The doors and hardtop were eventually removed and discarded, and the truck has been sitting ever since(1990). The spark plugs were pulled, and the engine seemed okay from what I could tell, but I haven’t attempted to start it. I’d appreciate any advice on what I should check or do before trying to turn the engine over or get it running. I definitely don’t want to cause any unnecessary damage by rushing into it.I’ll also need to straighten or replace the bent windshield frame and eventually track down a hardtop and doors. For those of you who have restored an FJ40 that’s been sitting for decades, where would you start? Is there anything specific I should be looking for on a 1977 model, I’m excited to get this old Land Cruiser back on the road and bring it back to life. I know I’ve got a lot to learn, so I’d appreciate any advice, recommendations, or thoughts on the truck. Thanks in advance! I’ve attached some pictures of what I’m starting with.