Builds My 45PU has an LV for a friend... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ClemsonCruiser.....I think the F motor is sold but I can put you on my back up list. The motor is really sweet. I seem to recall it was freshened up with OEM parts when this truck was a daily driver. Hard to find them like this.

If anyone needs anything off the fire wall or dash for an LV, let me know. I won't need much of the linkage or anything like that.

The Ramsey PTO will not be going back on either so if anyone is interested in that...it will get posted to the classifieds.

The ABS Power Brake unit is really slick. We are using them on a lot of our LC stuff and non LC stuff. ABS Power Brake, Inc.

This is the last 40 we did....cool setup.
P6242386 2.JPG
P6061966.JPG

3FE rules ! I've been meaning to swing by your shop for years! It just happens that every time I'm in Tampa it's a weekend.

I have no problems coming in on a weekend....just let me know and we'll make it happen. Would love to show you around. All kinds of neat stuff in there. For instance....
PC155191.JPG

ClemsonCruiser.....I think the F motor is sold but I can put you on my back up list. The motor is really sweet. I seem to recall it was freshened up with OEM parts when this truck was a daily driver. Hard to find them like this.

If anyone needs anything off the fire wall or dash for an LV, let me know. I won't need much of the linkage or anything like that.

The Ramsey PTO will not be going back on either so if anyone is interested in that...it will get posted to the classifieds.

The ABS Power Brake unit is really slick. We are using them on a lot of our LC stuff and non LC stuff. ABS Power Brake, Inc.

This is the last 40 we did....cool setup.
View attachment 1380622 View attachment 1380623

Thanks for the brake master info! I hear the F motor is going to a good home so no worries ;)

That master setup is the way to go. Again...a tad pricey but worth it in my opinion. I post up the pic of the plate we build and weld onto the firewall so we can mount up the master. Seems I recall it bolts up to the brake pedal really easily too. Clean setup.

Yup....motor is going to a good home for sure.

Had a little time in-between customer jobs today....decided to power wash the engine compartment....and the interior.

P1265680.JPG

P1265644.JPG

P1265681.JPG

P1265658.JPG

Cleaned up the old 3FE as well....

P1265664.JPG

P1265676.JPG

Stripped down the engine compartment today....dash too.

Not sure on what color I will do the firewall. These trucks were black firewalls and fender aprons as I recall, correct? Maybe somebody can post a pic.

P1305727.JPG

P1305734.JPG

P1305725.JPG

Fender aprons were body color but the fire wall and inner fenders were black. You can see the delineation pretty well on your last picture above. Looks like someone sprayed you aprons at some point but you can see the original blue underneath..... Those area changed to all body color in sometime late 64/65 HTH

I'm not sure which way to go on this truck. I've been thinking/wanting to do a really clean engine compartment...maybe gloss light blue(the whole thing) or taking the easy way out and just hitting it with satin black. Maybe filling in the misc holes that I won't be using and Line-X'ing the engine compartment light blue. Probably a horrible idea to Line X an engine compartment...they do tend to get dirty. My Line X guy has sprayed a pretty smooth coat for me once or twice.

Maybe keep it as is. The 3FE going in will be fully detailed out. Light grey motor, lots of powdercoat, lots of detail.

For some reason there is a huge appeal to have a patina truck with a really well done interior and engine compartment.

Stripped out the interior today....we've been using it to stash parts for a while so we inventoried today. Scraped all that foam off the roof so we can come up with a game plan for it.

P1315788.JPG

P1315789.JPG

P1315793.JPG

P1315803.JPG

Yeah....great patina on it. I was so worried about that piece growing legs and walking away to the local scrap place....wanted to make sure it was put into locked storage.

Man Chris that thing is looking great! A freshly painted engine compartment is alway cool while sporting a new engine.

Finally got the old girl in the shop. She's got some nice company around her....

20170411_160205.jpg

20170411_175503.jpg

20170411_175515_HDR.jpg

Started working on the brake system....the last 2 trucks I did had a plate welded to the firewall to adapt this ABS Powerbrake master cylinder to it...on this one I had my guy build a plate that bolts on to the firewall. Master bolts to it. Fully reversible should the need ever arrive. I don't see myself going to a single circuit drum brake system while I own the LV.....

P4127204.JPG

P4127206.JPG

20170413_085922.jpg

20170413_090034.jpg

Nice!

Some decent progress this week...motor and trans assembled...not going to rebuild the 3FE....head was just redone according to the guy I got it from....motor looks really clean. The trans and transfer were both rebuilt over the past few weeks.

P4197315.JPG

P4197316.JPG

Starting to come up with the interior game plan. Visited my glass shop today....looks like I'll have some window channel, outside door wiper seals and inner felts. We went thru a book he had and found stone stuff that looked really close to what I took over. The window channel is a different design than OEM but it should be really close to what I need. Of course I'll post pics and part numbers if it all works out.

Not sure what I'll do with the interior....maybe a quickie rattle can paint job to get me down the road. I did that in my 45 pickup and it's surprisingly good. I'm thinking white interior...grey floors. The floor was done in Duraback a long time ago....some kind of green or something. I think I'll rough that up and spray in some Upol Raptor bed liner. Good stuff. This truck will probably get some kind of carpet in it too.

P4207321.JPG

P4207322 2.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom