Multiple Audio Inputs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

alvarorb

Color Geek in Charge
Threads
Website
www.arb-digital.com
I have an iPod, XM radio and a GPS. All those cables in front of the dashboard are a mess.
So I found a device online that allows my single aux input stereo, to have up to 3 inputs. 3 wired remote switch allows you to toggle between signals. The installation is pretty straight forward.

aux3.jpg

I also got a power cable for the GPS/XM radio and ran it parallel the windshield and down the A pillar. My dash looks a lot less cluttered. And a new button on it looks pretty cool as well.

I'll post pics of the finished install later.

Alvaro

where can one get this?

haha thanks... I found something else there that i've been waiting for someone to make for my 4runner!!!

WOOOHOO!

I was lucky enought to find an adapter for my Alpine head unit that steals the CD changer input/output and converts to RCA. I am going to then rig up to a switch that will allow multiple inputs.

Anyone know if you could run the CB Audio back through the head unit with any success? Or would it be over amplified?

ALF

Alf,

Be careful. Most of the time you can't have a common ground with audio equipment. You probably need a switch like the one I used. You risk frying your iPod or other audio device.
As far as the CB through the stereo, I'd recommend using and external speaker.

Regard

Alvaro

98LXand99LC said:
What does the switch look like?

Look at the first post. If I get a little time today, I'll take a picture of my install.

Regards

Alvaro

alvarorb said:
Look at the first post. If I get a little time today, I'll take a picture of my install.

Regards

Alvaro

Aaah, I was having a hard time seeing it.

Thanks, additional pics would be great!

Last edited:
Here's is how I installed the switch on mine. The rest of the components are behind the A/C controls.

myaux3.jpg

My rig is pretty dusty inside. We just got back from a week long trip to Death Valley.

Regards

Alvaro

98LXand99LC,

Cool. I'm glad you liked it and it's working.
I use mine every day.

Regards

Alvaro

Very sweet.
Is that an on/off switch?

Regards

Alvaro

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom