Muffler\exhaust replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I may be replacing the 1FZFE on my 97 in the near future. Either a “new” 1FZFE with current tranny or swapping out to “new” manual tranny at the same time.

My current exhaust has a small leak under the passenger side (between 02 sensor and headers). Figured I’d be ahead to just replace the exhaust and muffler while I’m in there.

Ive looked on here for what most folks are using when replacing exhaust systems but not seeing much

Should I try to find OEM or go aftermarket? Any suggestions on after market?

I've had bad luck with Bosal myself, and haven't really been very happy with any aftermarket exhaust I've tried. Lots of fitment issues and reworking to make them fit correctly, then they don't last and rust out quickly. I'm going to save up my pennies and do it right next time with OEM parts. But I'm in the northeast where we use literal tons of road salt every winter, so that may not be an issue where you live.

OTTRAMM built replacement exhaust.

Last I heard, he wasn’t keeping the tubing on hand due to expense, & I’m not even sure he’s producing them any longer.

But worth an inquiry.

Timely thread. I have 2 small leaks in my exhaust and was wondering if I should just fix them or replace the entire original exhaust. I’m searching for options

OTTRAMM built replacement exhaust.

Last I heard, he wasn’t keeping the tubing on hand due to expense, & I’m not even sure he’s producing them any longer.

But worth an inquiry.

He hasn’t made them in a couple of years. IMO best bet is find a competent custom shop. I just priced and in the ballpark of an aftermarket fatback.

I may be replacing the 1FZFE on my 97 in the near future. Either a “new” 1FZFE with current tranny or swapping out to “new” manual tranny at the same time.

My current exhaust has a small leak under the passenger side (between 02 sensor and headers). Figured I’d be ahead to just replace the exhaust and muffler while I’m in there.

Ive looked on here for what most folks are using when replacing exhaust systems but not seeing much

Should I try to find OEM or go aftermarket? Any suggestions on after market?
Here is the list when I did mine.

I've had it on my truck since Nov. 2019 and I've put on about 50K miles since then and it's all just fine.

Read the other thread listed for how it went.

I’ve heard multiple 80’s with aftermarket exhausts. Most of them sounded like garbage IMO and none last anywhere near the factory parts. I have a brand new OEM muffler sitting in my garage right now to install. It’s pricey, but my original last over 27 years and isn’t rotted. I’m done with the annoying whistle that I’m getting while driving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom