Mr. Carwash and My 80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just a quick vent here. I took the 80 through Mr. Carwash on Cortaro last Saturday and the dang thing ripped off my rain gutter trim and bent it up. I was not mad, just disappointed. I filed a claim and today I got word it was denied. They said my 80 was 20+ years old and that sometimes trim on old cars comes off. Now, I am not saying boycott them, but I will choose not to take any of my other vehicles there ever again.

I guess the warning is that if you choose to take your older LCs through there, be mindful of the trim pieces.

Rant over. Thanks.

Very sorry to hear about the damage to your rig. Reminds me of my experience towards the end of last year when the new car wash on Ina and I10 opened up. I think they're called Clean Freak Car Wash. Anyway, during their grand opening, they were offering free car washes. One day i thought, why not go get my 80 cleaned up and run it through their system for free. Had the wife with me and the 20 something attendant wouldn't allow us to proceed with the car wash. I pressed him as to why and he said my "aftermarket" parts were a liability to their investment. He saw the bull bar bumper and snorkel as a liability. Needless to say, i never got the 80 washed that day. At the moment, i was pretty upset about the principal matter. Anyway, I'm upset for you and hope your claim gets resolved because that sucks.

Also Heather says fyi there is a spray only drive thru car wash located at dove mountain and tangerine "twin peaks". I like that one, not too many moving parts to get caught on the 80. Just a thought

Thanks for the posts. In the end, my 80 is a weekend toy. I built it to be used and not to be a trailer queen. 4WD/Overland/Camping accessories are just ripe to get snagged by those floppy roller carwashes. I laughed too, because when I got home, I noticed the dang thing missed half the hood. There is still dirt all over it.

First world problems.....

Also Heather says fyi there is a spray only drive thru car wash located at dove mountain and tangerine "twin peaks". I like that one, not too many moving parts to get caught on the 80. Just a thought
I've used that one quite a bit, $10, in and out and air dry the way home. Happy with the result.

I had a car wash rip of the trim on my 100 once. I haven't been to an automated carwash with it since then.

I just go to the coin op carwashes. Usually $5 covers a pretty good wash/undercarriage spray down for me.

I had a car wash rip of the trim on my 100 once. I haven't been to an automated carwash with it since then.

I just go to the coin op carwashes. Usually $5 covers a pretty good wash/undercarriage spray down for me.
I agree. The autowashes are easy and convenient, but the coin washes work better.

I go to the coin wash by my house for Uma but that is only to clean the engine bay and to get off the dirt from any previous runs.

Wish I could drive mine through an automatic wash.

I'm stuck with one coin op wash that isn't very convenient. Tempted to buy my own pressure sprayer.

I sold the spoiler off my Black truck for $200 after a dealership broke a customer's off in the drive thru wash. Sold the spoiler off the silver truck for double that on eBay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom